What's new

Titanic (1997) (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I wondered about that too. The movie does mention that Lovett found out about the diamond via a secret insurance claim that Cal's father filed right after the sinking but I don't know what the legality or ownership would be in terms of a 1912 insurance claim after 84 years. More than anything (and perhaps another reason that Rose never tried to sell the diamond to give the money away), I think that Rose's biggest problem would be the Hockley family claiming the diamond was theirs even after 8 decades.

Right, I seem to recall there was some sort of insurance claim (as there usually would be, especially for something that major), which was why I figured some Big Corporate entity would be entitled to a subsequent claim on it... if the Hockleys were indeed already compensated for the loss via their insurance claim.

Either way, it's not likely Old Rose could've readily (publicly) kept or sold it as suggested earlier... She probably woulda had to secretly sell it on the black market, if at all, and then had to dispense the funds likewise to keep out of trouble... or she coulda found some other secret entity to fence (and dispense) it or something... thus spawning a (ahem) rightful, crossover sequel, Titanic: The Ocean '98 Fencing starring Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, et al... :D;):laugh::laugh::laugh::rolling-smiley:

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks