What's new

"Timeless" on NBC (1 Viewer)

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
TIMELESS is a good series. A cross between BACK TO THE FUTURE and MISSION IMPOSSIBLE I read that recently. I still prefer THE TIME TUNNEL-which never dates. A pity they ended the series so early.

I also like The Time Tunnel - it has the best of all time travel devices; that hypnotic tunnel that one cannot look away from. Yes, fans would like to have had it continue. I read that relatively recent book about the series that included possible storylines being considered for a Season 2.

When they made the pilot for a new Time Tunnel series, it was good, but the time "tunnel" was so dreary looking one couldn't help but be disappointed in that aspect.

Last year audiences were treated to Timeless, Time After Time, Making History and Frequency and I watched all of those. I'd still like to see the rest of Time After Time that was canceled really quickly. I was glad that the CW had a "wrap-up" segment on their website for fans of Frequency. Making History was fascinating, but would have outstayed it's welcome if continued.

I don't think time travel series do terribly well because generally people aren't interested so much in most history; historical periods. Until cable channels were able to develop niche audiences, period series were not very successful on network schedules very often. Westerns were an exception, but I read an article once about why audiences didn't really consider westerns period shows. (?)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
1934:

- His name is Wesley Snipes. Says so right here.
- It's a forgery.
- Forgery? It's got a stamp on it and everything. You can't forge that.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I am guessing it will be cancelled on Friday ahead of the holiday weekend where there will be less social media protest as many will be on vacation and won't hear about it until next week. None of the TBD shows have been renewed and several have since been canceled. Sad because this is a great show.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
1x11 The World's Columbian Exposition

Loved this episode. Loved when Harry Houdini bested Flynn. Couldn't stop laughing. It's the first time I think we see that happen. Normally people from the future consider themselves smarter than the people in the past, so it was very refreshing seeing him get outsmarted.

Abigail Spencer is a great actress. At the beginning she is kidnapped and also sees the fair which is an amazing sight, she conveys both sadness and joy in one look.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Unless there is good news, this waiting game fans are put through is really distasteful.
Who wants to be strung along like this for so long?

Sometimes I consider that if I even want to start watching a new series now. Do I want
to put myself through this again if I love the new show and it's on the bubble again? I have
some friends who record first seasons of new series they're interested in, but if they don't
get renewed they don't even start watching them. I understand why.

In the case of a show like Timeless, though, it's not as though another similar show will
come along. Time travel series don't ever seem to be very successful. Timeless is the
first time travel series since The Time Tunnel that I've really liked and look how long ago
that one premiered.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
1x14 The Lost Generation

Things are getting complicated. Hard to understand people's motives and what's the main story.
So they are against Rittenhouse and want to stop them but they are going against Flynn who wants to stop Rittenhouse.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Finished season 1. Flynn's arrest played comical. I got a big laugh, I'm sure that was not their intention. Also many story lines broke down and people behaved strangely. Lucy seeing that 2 other people can't go back to change their story but suddenly gets happy that she can go back and she is OK. It did not make sense that Lucy has the right to go back and change her timeline but Wyatt and Flynn can't.

I love all the characters and their humor, I continue watching. Never had this much fun with a series in a while.
I loved the last part where the evil mom comes out.

Oh and I hope they don't seriously try to hook up Lucy and Wyatt together. I just can't see them together for the moment.

There was one episode where someone new had to replace Wyatt, I loved that. Shaking up the team and put them with different people and see how they react is great.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
2x01 The War to End All Wars

It was very funny when Irene Curie told Lucy how her French is terrible. This was an issue in season one where she was supposed to speak perfect French but she was terrible and could not fool anyone in real life. I suppose they had to address this and this was a great way to joke with it.

Also the filmmakers forgot the Curies. They see the ship, then in the middle of the scene we don't see them anymore and even after the ship disappears we see no reactions, we don't see them at all. That was sloppy.

By the way, for a fun light adventure series our heroes kill a lot of people, a lot! Can't they write these stories without making our beloved heroes murder someone every time? All our heroes are killers now.

So, you guys waited a year to see this? How hard that was? :D

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
2x02 The Darlington 500

I'm totally in for Lucy and Wyatt romance if like this episode, every time they try to kiss, something happens. It would be the greatest running gag. Made me laugh.

I don't get something. The story of Lucy's mom being the chief Rittenhouse. She was sick and dying in the pilot. Was she Rittenhouse then or did Lucy by changing history created all this and her mother Rittenhouse?

Also would like to know what was her sister's story. Afraid to go to a wiki to spoil everything. In the pilot her sister was from another father? Her second husband or first husband? If Lucy wants to bring back her sister that would mean her mother dying which I don't understand why she insisted to do? (This was before she knew her mother was Rittenhouse.)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
2x02 The Darlington 500

Also would like to know what was her sister's story. Afraid to go to a wiki to spoil everything. In the pilot her sister was from another father? Her second husband or first husband? If Lucy wants to bring back her sister that would mean her mother dying which I don't understand why she insisted to do? (This was before she knew her mother was Rittenhouse.)
During Season 1 Lucy found out that her mother had an affair that resulted in her sister. Neither sister was aware of this in the pilot.

Every time I see this thread updated I think there is news about renewal or cancellation.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Every time I see this thread updated I think there is news about renewal or cancellation.

Me too. We haven't even seen Season 2 yet - all still on DVR awaiting for us to catch up with Supernatural and a few other shows before jumping into Timeless, and Blindspot.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin

Yes. There's been silence on this for quite awhile. Something must be up. They must be trying to work something out for it to continue, otherwise why drag it on so long, especially when there is a very interested fan base that is there.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
2x03 Hollywoodland

It has been several months I have not seen Bill Nye's show. I watch one episode tonight and it's about computer hacking. They talk about Hedy Lamarr and how she was an inventor and not recognized for her work. Immediately after this it's time to see my next episode of Timeless and guess who shows up? Hedy Lamarr herself! What are the chances? That was as exciting as you can imagine! :cool:

So they finally hook up Lucy and Wyatt together? I think that was a big big mistake. They have zero romantic chemistry together. However they redeemed themselves a little by what happens at the end. That was exciting.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
2x03 Hollywoodland
So they finally hook up Lucy and Wyatt together? I think that was a big big mistake. They have zero romantic chemistry together. However they redeemed themselves a little by what happens at the end. That was exciting.
You just knew in your stomach they would send that dagger in at the end of the episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks