What's new

"Timeless" on NBC (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Season, hopefully not series, finale airs May 13 at 9:00 PM Eastern and Pacific Time, 8:00 PM Central and Mountain Time. Its 2 hours so set your DVR accordingly if yours doesn't automatically adjust to your provider's TV listings.

Looking forward to it, definitely setting the DVR, early start and late ending. Dish has some problem with their timing, so always add five or more minutes to the recording. The Dish description just says "new", so hopefully it's coming back.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Sunday night's episode was interesting. It seems that they gave Agent Christopher a better relationship with her mother after the effects of the time travel. I'm glad in this episode we finally heard how the journal was given to Flynn in the first place.

As far as what will probably be a series finale - they have a lot of work to do in the two hours. I hope it doesn't end in a cliffhanger.

Just saw this article:
https://www.thewrap.com/timeless-showrunner-sends-sos-to-fans-as-cancelation-looms/

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Bummer :( I’ve teally enjoyed Timeless since being renewed. I feel the story is stronger than the first half of season one and it’s taking shape.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Timeless 2 hour season finale airs one hour earlier tonight. Still no announcement as of this writing on the future of the show. Watch live night.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I enjoyed the pilot. Sure time travel is a shopworn plot device, but there were enough interesting twists to hold my interest. I definitely felt the show was challenging Irwin Allen's The Time Tunnel to a degree (in a good way); I'll have to rewatch the pilot again to see if I can pick up any specific homages.

TIMELESS is a good series. A cross between BACK TO THE FUTURE and MISSION IMPOSSIBLE I read that recently. I still prefer THE TIME TUNNEL-which never dates.A pity they ended the series so early.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Well, if this is it, I can live with this ending. Rittenhouse is still out there somewhere. Ultimately though, the ending was upbeat.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Well, if this is it, I can live with this ending. Rittenhouse is still out there somewhere. Ultimately though, the ending was upbeat.
Just watched it. Definitely a great season or series finale. Most of the issues from the season were wrapped up and we get an intriguing ending presenting us with new possibilities.

I still don't understand with they have to go back to the same date as the mothership. Things would be a lot easier most times if they could arrive a day or two before. Was this ever explained?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just thought of my question. Perhaps there is instrumentation on the mothership which could have told that the lifeboat was going to arrive earlier and it selfcorrects so it always arrives first. So, it was just designed that way. Can't remember if they ever mentioned it in the show, but it probably makes as much sense as anything else with time travel.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I have just discovered this show and I'm absolutely loving it. I have seen 4 episodes. It's exactly what I like. It's adventure, light, fun like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I'm watching one episode per day without getting bored which is a rarity for me watching series. I try to watch as few as possible nowadays.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This felt so funny and appropriate. When I saw this, it was like from an episode of the series.

5afffc3b1e000043008e5feb.jpeg

The team has arrived at the royal wedding. Something is going to happen? Look out for Flynn.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
This felt so funny and appropriate. When I saw this, it was like from an episode of the series.

The team has arrived at the royal wedding. Something is going to happen? Look out for Flynn.
You beat me to it. I saw Lucy singing in the back, but did not notice if Rufus was part of the gospel choir.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We’ve just watched the episode about Robert Johnson, the great blues artist. Does anyone know who did the singing? I thought the singing was excellent.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr

Heh.

Is that Alex Parrish (from Quantico) walking next to Lucy (from Timeless) ? ;)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
NASA

- Oh, wow. This is impressive.

- Our mainframe holds two megabytes of memory.

- Two whole megabytes!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
NASA

- Oh, wow. This is impressive.

- Our mainframe holds two megabytes of memory.

- Two whole megabytes!
Used to run a system that about 250 people used. 12 megabytes upgraded to the 16 megabyte max, at a cost of about $10K. The memory board was about 3x3 feet, something that now fits on a tiny chip. We had
disk drives that were 288 MB platters, bigger than a washing machine. Amazing how things have changed.

As for Timeless, sad so see it go. Maybe we'll get lucky and another network will pick it up.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Used to run a system that about 250 people used. 12 megabytes upgraded to the 16 megabyte max, at a cost of about $10K. The memory board was about 3x3 feet, something that now fits on a tiny chip. We had
disk drives that were 288 MB platters, bigger than a washing machine. Amazing how things have changed.

As for Timeless, sad so see it go. Maybe we'll get lucky and another network will pick it up.
Wait a minute. Is Timeless officially canceled? Last thing I heard it was on the bubble.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr

Was this a PDP-11 ?

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Wait a minute. Is Timeless officially canceled? Last thing I heard it was on the bubble.

I haven't heard anything today. Less than a day ago a Cinemablend article titled "9 Shows That Haven't Been Canceled OR Renewed Yet" led with this:

Timeless - NBC

NBC must like to torture Timeless fans, as it still has yet to make a decision on whether Shawn Ryan and Eric Kripke's time-traveling drama will return for Season 3. The series remains on the bubble, with viewership numbers in Season 2 faring even worse than when the show was canceled the first time around. While viewership has fallen, reviews for Season 2 are much more positive than they were for the inaugural season. NBC played hero earlier this season when it saved Brooklyn Nine-Nine from cancellation at Fox, and with Timeless pulling in better viewership numbers than that show was getting, it doesn't seem so crazy Lucy Preston & Co. will face more hijinks in Season 3.

Also, if it makes a difference, TImeless led by a wide margin in USA Today's poll of which bubble shows people want to save. NBC was at the top of the list again with TIMELESS at 58%. The bottom of the 20 show choices was Champions at 5%. (I happened to have liked that, too.) USA Today also said there was a huge increase in the amount of voters who participated this year as well.

When NBC renewed it last year I was wondering why they didn't help the show in terms of gaining viewers, by rerunning it, for one thing. The 2nd season premiered a whole year later. And in that Sunday night at ten time slot, and after Genius Junior...what kind of a lead in is that? Plus, while the show was on the bubble "last" year, tons of people who were writing comments about saving the show were those who were saying it was on too late for them to watch it with their children or families...now I personally don't care about that...but if that was a consideration the Sunday night slot didn't address those potential viewers at all.

Do networks consider that if you like a show a whole lot that's on the bubble that people get really frustrated with having this roller coaster of will it be renewed or not and, at least for me, I and some friends of mine happen to now wait and see on many series to see if something we're interested in is renewed for a second season before we even decide to watch it? If it isn't, we can still watch the first season at least knowing that that's it and not get into this spiral of emotional fandom.

I did that last year on Amazon when Amazon said itself that both Zelda and The Last Tycoon would have second seasons. So I watched them both only to have Amazon pull the rug out and reneg on their initial promise. So now why would I even care to TRY an Amazon series when they've lost all trust. (Although I am waiting patiently for season 3 of The Man in the HIgh Castle.)

Just some thoughts while we await the decision on TIMELESS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks