What's new

"Timeless" on NBC (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I actually never saw that end coming. That was a big surprise to me.

Last edited:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Finished season 2. Naturally all major spoilers:

Wow, it was an exciting ending but wrong. First, I usually like a season not to end on a cliffhanger but it is especially cruel and not great to end it on such a big cliffhanger when you are not sure you are coming back. They should have ended it on a self contained story in case they don't come back.

Also I'm not sure I like that they are breaking their own rule. The rule that there can't be 2 of the same person at the same time is the strongest part of the show. I think this is their biggest mistake. With that rule the show felt more "real".

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Finished season 2. Naturally all major spoilers:

Wow, it was an exciting ending but wrong. First, I usually like a season not to end on a cliffhanger but it is especially cruel and not great to end it on such a big cliffhanger when you are not sure you are coming back. They should have ended it on a self contained story in case they don't come back.

Also I'm not sure I like that they are breaking their own rule. The rule that there can't be 2 of the same person at the same time is the strongest part of the show. I think this is their biggest mistake. With that rule the show felt more "real".
For me, they wrapped up most things. They have the cliffhanger, but with the arrival of the future group we have the hope of a successful resolution even if it doesn't get renewed.

As far as breaking their own rule, somehow that had to be the way to resolve the cliffhanger. At some time in the future they have figured out how to do it. It would be quite interesting to see what would happen from there.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm not sure I like it. It cheapens the show. Now anything can happen. Now an army of 100 Lucys can come back and do anything. The more limits you put on your fantasy, the better it is. If anything can happen it's not fun anymore.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Rules are made to be broken, aren't they, and it sure made for an unexpected development.
By the way, if Rittenhouse is putting sleeper agents in different time periods, then each time
they go back to those time periods wouldn't they need a new navigator, a different one than
the one they send there to drop off the person in the first place?

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I think they were setting up a future version of Lucy to be the wife that Flynn lost .

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Rules are made to be broken, aren't they, and it sure made for an unexpected development.
Human made rules and laws. In world building the rules that govern your world is a different thing.

We have to agree on a set of rules before start playing a game.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Here is the thing. Imagine now you have 2 Lucys on screen. Which one you are going to root for?

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I assumed that both Lucy's have the same goal of returning Rufus. I'd be rooting for that, not necessarily a single Lucy.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We are behind on our DVR watching this. We’ve got the season finale to watch, which is actually two episodes. I checked my recording and the whole thing started about 15’ late, which means we’ll be missing the end of the final episode. It’s not streaming for free, that I know of, so I guess we’ll have to buy it on Amazon Prime.

I don’t recall Timeless starting late before, so naturally it’s gotta do it for the season-ender.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I watched the finale on the NBC app. It has commercials, but you can skip them beforehand (can't skip once they've started). I actually watched most of the finale from the DVR, and then switched for the last segment. For some reason, FIOS didn't have the episodes available on demand the day after they aired.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I watched the finale on the NBC app. It has commercials, but you can skip them beforehand (can't skip once they've started). I actually watched most of the finale from the DVR, and then switched for the last segment. For some reason, FIOS didn't have the episodes available on demand the day after they aired.
Is it free? How do you skip the commercials?

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Yup, free.

As I watched it through my FireTV, I think I just fastforwarded. The progress bar had segments on it that indicated where the commercials were. If you are already fast forwarding, you can skip past them. But once the ads start playing, you're stuck with them.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
It's on Hulu if you get that...

Does anyone know what is going on? It's like radio silence for a month.

tumblr_static_24iv6hctiqu8c00wgwsgkgg80.gif

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I did a search and one site commented that between the poor ratings and the fact that NBC does own the series, the chances of it being renewed were poor. :(

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It does, but they can't keep airing a show that hardly anyone is watching. Over the course of 26 episodes the audience for nearly every episode decreased from the prior episode, from about 12 million for the first episode of season one to about 4 million for the last episode of season two (those numbers include DVR viewing). If it had leveled off somewhere, NBC might have given it more consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks