What's new

"Timeless" on NBC (1 Viewer)

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
Great two-part episode. Thoroughly enjoyed it and have purchased both seasons one and two on Vudu as well. Obviously, I still want this amazing series to continue in some form. However, this two-part episode was very satisfying!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Saw it. I think it was ok. Nothing special.

Spoilers:
I thought they used some easy solutions for things they setup. The future versions seemed like just a stunt. They left just after few minutes. And I never bought the romance between Lucy and Wyatt. They have chemistry but it's not romantic chemistry.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Saw it. I think it was ok. Nothing special.

Spoilers:
I thought they used some easy solutions for things they setup. The future versions seemed like just a stunt. They left just after few minutes. And I never bought the romance between Lucy and Wyatt. They have chemistry but it's not romantic chemistry.
I thought the future versions were a stunt that worked. They certainly grabbed my attention when first seeing them. I really wanted a finale after that. I also thought they tried a litttle too hard to create a happy ending. I would have shown the characters in a less explicit, but still a good place for them all.

I liked what they did with Flynn. I didn’t see that coming, but perhaps I should have. After all, we still hadn’t seen Lucy give the journal to Flynn.

Considering what a killer Flynn was (he was Lincoln’s assasin)and his motivation was self-serving, by the time the series was over, he had become a hero. That might have been a bridge too far for Flynn. BTW, considering Lucy told him he would fail to save his family and would die himself, why was he so gung-ho to try to save them?
After writing those exceptions, I still enjoyed the finale and liked that they left an opening to continue the series.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I enjoyed the Timeless series finale / movie. It brought a satisfying closure to the prematurely killed show. It wasn't the greatest conclusion or a daring storyline. But it did its job, had a little fan service, and wrapped up everything. Also, it could have been much, much worse.

I'm also glad the Tivo recorded it, since we forgot to schedule it. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
My impression is that sets are taken down pretty quickly after a show is done to make room for whatever is next. But I don't really know. It might just be a matter of scheduling the work during holidays (or even pushing the cost a Quarter later), and the teardown is scheduled for 2019.

I would agree, except didn't they finish filming this in early November? Seems like an awfully long time to have these sets taking up space in a warehouse somewhere, unless there really is something going on renewal-wise and TPTB want to keep their options open.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Was the ratings high? I honestly can't believe that the finale could convince anyone to watch the series. All the great stuff was in the previous episodes and if those couldn't convince the renewal for season 3, how could the finale do that?

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
For a Thursday the week before Christmas, the two-part episode did really well in the ratings.

https://programminginsider.com/thur...-high-in-total-viewers-with-series-finale/#L7

UPDATED 12/29/2018: What follows are the Live + Seven Day rating results for the night’s broadcast network telecasts on Thursday, December 20:

Timeless (S) (NBC) • Updated Live+Same Day: 3.237 million viewers, 0.59 adults 18-49 rating • Live+7: 4.896 million viewers, 1.00 adults 18-49 rating • Gains: +1.659 million viewers (+51%), +0.41 adults 18-49 rating (+70%)

Apparently, these ratings are higher than anything the show got during its abbreviated run late last spring. Sounds to me like TPTB had to be pleased with these results.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So my daughter and I just binged season 2. We were both kind of on the fence after season 1, but when we heard the show ended and had some semblance of a conclusion we decided to watch the rest. Overall it was a fun but flawed show. I agree with the sentiment that you really can't overthink the time travel rules of the show or you end up down a paradoxical wormhole. That said, a few thoughts:

If time travelling Flynn died, wouldn't the "team" still be able to see original timeline Flynn, the one he was watching before he killed Jessica that didn't die? Also, why did they have to wait 5 years to give Flynn the journal? There I go overthinking things again...my head is spinning.

They went WAY too heavy on the romance/love triangles (though my teenage daughter would disagree). It got to a point where I wouldn't have even been surprised if Agent Christopher and Mason got together.

They guy playing Rufus is a terrible actor.

I agree with whoever said they never bought the Lucy/Wyatt relationship. Part of that for me might be that I didn't care for the Wyatt character (I thought he was a whiny little bitch).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks