What's new

Time After Time On Blu? (1 Viewer)

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
RJ992 said:
It has been shown in HD on HDNet Movies. .
TCM ran an HD master last week. I was hoping that was an indicator that it was available in HD somewhere in the world, but apparently not.

On a side note, my DVR is getting full. I have got to figure out some damn way to get the HD stuff off of it and onto some sort of storage formate to clear up some space.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
They said Time After Time , The Thing from Another World and Them were being worked on earlier this year. I suspect TAT will be happening in 2016 with any luck :)

Giovanni DN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Giovanni Di Natale
David Steigman said:
They said Time After Time , The Thing from Another World and Them were being worked on earlier this year. I suspect TAT will be happening in 2016 with any luck :)
They never said they were working on The Thing and Time After Time. Don't lie.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Giovanni DN said:
They are indeed working on The Thing as I posted their Facebook post about it. There are issues with the elements and they are trying to find satisfactory 35mm elements. As for Time After Time, they have also mentioned its in the pipe on Facebook, so no one is "lying" and what would be the motivation for lying? SMH

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Giovanni DN said:

Ah yes they DID on Facebook awhile back several months ago - The Thing was pushed back due to poor elements if it comes at all it will take a long while- that was the latest news on that title.

Dont be an asswipe and character assassinate me. I dont lie.

Thanks Atfree - you know how trolls are ..SMH indeede ! :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
One member has been blocked from this thread. If there are problems, HTF always ask you to report it to Moderators instead of attacking back (that puts more people and the entire thread at greater likelihood of being shut down).

Please continue with the thread topic :)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Too bad Cyndi Laupers Time After Time song came long after this movie, it would have been a great soundtrack lol :) Probably at the end !

Didier R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Didier Rochefort
atfree said:
As for Time After Time, they have also mentioned its in the pipe on Facebook
Not true. They only said that Them! is coming to blu-ray and that TAT and The Thing will likely follow. That doesn't translate to it's in the pipeline. You guys are spreading misinformations. Get the facts straight.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Didier R said:
Not true. They only said that Them! is coming to blu-ray and that TAT and The Thing will likely follow. That doesn't translate to it's in the pipeline. You guys are spreading misinformations. Get the facts straight.
To be fair, for Warner to name those two titles there is definite interest on their part to bringing those two to Blu-ray. The film element condition and timing of releasing them still has to be worked out by Warner. We can hope that it works out well for those two titles so we as consumers can benefit from their releases.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Didier R said:
"Likely to follow", to me, means they're being worked on, i.e., in the pipeline. Otherwise they wouldn't say anything. Get your facts straight, otherwise its just your opinion.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
From March 1st of this year:

"Asked on Facebook about THEM!, TIME AFTER TIME and THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD, Warner said that one of these titles has been restored for Blu-ray release later this year and that the other two will likely follow"

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
Here in the UK there are so many classic movies being aired in HD it's really annoying having a Bluray Recorder because the majority of the movies appear on channels where its not easily possible to record and put on disc in the normal way.

More4 HD aired a lovely HD version of the original War of the Worlds a while back so I'm waiting for C4 to show it so I can get it.

There have been a few good catches but so many annoying misses.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Has the Wells family portrait controversy ever been definitely settled? I'd sure like to know if that portrait was in the film at one point.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I guess a lot of members here don't have large SD/BD collections or have been collecting for a long time. "TAT" I have, double dipping would be a waste but "The Thing from Another World" would be something most of us would want to see on BD...just my opinion.

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
turtledove said:
Here in the UK there are so many classic movies being aired in HD it's really annoying having a Bluray Recorder because the majority of the movies appear on channels where its not easily possible to record and put on disc in the normal way.

More4 HD aired a lovely HD version of the original War of the Worlds a while back so I'm waiting for C4 to show it so I can get it.

There have been a few good catches but so many annoying misses.

I have so much stuff on my DVR that I need to find some way of capturing it to clear up some damn space. The option many people point me towards is Hauppauge. It looks like outside of using a VHS tape, any options I'm looking into are going to be pricey. But I have to figure something out. Damn TCM for showing so much cool stuff, LOL.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Pricewise, Hauppage's Colossus 2 capture card isn't that bad; it's about the same as a midrange video card.

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
hanshotfirst1138 said:
I have so much stuff on my DVR that I need to find some way of capturing it to clear up some damn space. The option many people point me towards is Hauppauge. It looks like outside of using a VHS tape, any options I'm looking into are going to be pricey. But I have to figure something out. Damn TCM for showing so much cool stuff, LOL.

I'm not very tech savvy so recording unencrypted movies in HD on my Bluray Recorder and putting them on BDR is easiest for me.

All the channels I refer to are encrypted so even getting them off a PVR and onto an external drive doesn't solve the problem of the encryption.

I believe there are ways round it but none would be official I guess and if I had access to all the classic movies in HD from Sky it would be a ridiculous number - I wouldn't be able to keep up.

It's just annoying seeing great movies in HD on channels like More4 where the SD version is a free channel but the HD version is only on encrypted pay tv. Channel 5 is the same

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks