What's new

Time After Time On Blu? (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
O.K., with all of the positive reviews and the many who obviously love this film = including myself - is there any indication that Warners will bring this gem out as one of their Archive titles as I doubt it would receive a standard release, although one can always hope. Isn't Warners working with Criterion as well - maybe they could pick it up. A film as entertaining as this one certainly deserves to be out on high definition!

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
Don't think it did that well in the UK . I've always been a huge fan of time travel but didn't even know the film existed until it was shown on network tv in 1983. I missed it then too but the review of the plot told me it was a film that could have been made for me so I bought it on a rental tape.
Had to get a US dvd as it didn't come out in the UK . Not sure it ever did . The R2 versions on Amazon seem to be European.

Brilliant film - put me down for a Blu too

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I don't think an HD master of this exists yet. I've never seen it show up on TV in HD, and it's only available in SD on streaming/download services.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Let's hope it sees the light of day sooner rather than later. Great film.

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I came across a recent event at Dragon Con on You Tube that hosted the two main actors on Time After Time as they talked about the film - amoung other things - and it was often actually quite funny what with the bantering betwenn Malcolm McDowell and David Warner who have appearently been friends for many years. It is well worth checking out.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'd buy this on Blu-ray if it was released. Been a while since I had the DVD, but I think it had a pretty good commentary track with director Nicholas Meyer and the two stars that would be cool to see carried over.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This is a terrific film. One of the best time travel movies ever. Maybe a new release would settle the HG Wells family portrait controversy.

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
Worth said:
I don't think an HD master of this exists yet. I've never seen it show up on TV in HD, and it's only available in SD on streaming/download services.
It has been shown in HD on HDNet Movies. .

Eastmancolor

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Harwood
TIME AFTER TIME played a year or so back at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood. Malcolm McDowell and Mary Steenburgen were on hand for the screening and a Q&A. Unfortunately the one 35mm print that the studio had was faded so they ran a BetaSP videotape. Projected onto a huge Scope screen this presentation wasn't terrible, but you can image what BetaSP blown up to fill a 53' screen looked like.

Obviously at that time though an HD master may have existed, a theatrical grade digital format wasn't available.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
A shame they didn't include the old Thing with the blu release of JC's version like what was done with The Day the Earth Stood Still.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Rick Thompson said:
For me, Time After Time is one of the remaining Big Three of Warner sci-fi flicks, along with Them! and The Thing (From Another World). A Warner Sci-Fi set?
A BIG yes to THEM!. One of my favorite SF movies from my childhood. The existing DVD is OK but I'd love to have it on Blu.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
this film with fanboy appeal , would be a treat, what would make it better is if WB or WAC brought Malcolm McDowell, David Warner, Nicholas Meyer and Mary Steenburgen in a room and did a current commentary,

not a drop of CGI, old school special effects and such a great respect for the Pal film

the moment it's announced, it becomes an instant pre-order, :D

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
dana martin said:
this film with fanboy appeal , would be a treat, what would make it better is if WB or WAC brought Malcolm McDowell, David Warner, Nicholas Meyer and Mary Steenburgen in a room and did a current commentary,

:D
With the majority of the Warners lay-offs being concentrated on the home video depts, the chances of any kind of commentary for TIME are almost zero. A damn shame.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
dana martin said:
I believe the original DVD had a commentary with Meyer, McDowell and Warner.. I remember really enjoying it. (I've enjoyed all of the commentary tracks with Meyer that I've heard.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks