What's new

THX: Is it REALLY worth it?? (1 Viewer)

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
Sheesh, I seem to have inadvertently started a small flaming session. I find it interesting that nobody has made any comments on which of my gear I should upgrade first, which was one of my follow up questions. This is still enjoyable though.
I'll take this opportunity to apologize again for hijacking your thread. Sorry dude :)
To answer your upgrade question, I agree with Scott. I don't know how close you sit to your TV, but a bigger display would certainly be a good thing. You'd definitely have to upgrade your DVD player if you went that way, as Scott also said. I think that if your audio setup is providing a satisfying experience in your current environment, upgrading your TV and DVD player would be a good choice.
Whatever you decide, enjoy it. Part of the fun of this hobby is watching your system change and grow over the years, with each addition improving your overall experience.

David Judah

Screenwriter
Sheesh, I seem to have inadvertently started a small flaming session
Not really, just a friendly disagreement. If you want to see flaming sessions check out the DVD-A vs. SACD, wire threads, and do amps & high end CD players make a difference threads.:)
Did you decide what you are going to upgrade to?
DJ

Scott McAllister

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I've been eyeballing the new Pioneer Elite 47TX. THX Ultra2, all the goodies, and under 2 grand. Not too bad. A new tv is also on the top of my list as well. :)
Thanks guys!!

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I did like the Blade II soundtrack though. That rocked. I didn't see it in theaters however, so I have no point of reference.
I think this is where we have our differences came from.Even if you could "remember" a soundtrack 6 moths after you saw[heard] it[human brain have a "tough" time to store accoustical events even after minutes the event,in other words it becomes very "subjective",so use it as reference method is rather poor way, IMO],commercial theaters just "don't have what it takes" at least to me,especially on the bass "department".I would hardly call "correct" anything based on a theatrical presentation.
I"m sorry for the hijack too!
I'm out!;)

Yogi

Screenwriter
Why don't you ask B&K what their justification is for their difference in pricing between their amps and let them tell you why.
I did and this is what they said. All the Ref 7 series are the same with just additional channels added. I didnt discuss their pricing strategy for THX (like they would tell me) but its not hard to add 2+2 and come to 5...er..4:D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks