What's new

Is an LG G3 worth Almost 50% More Than A C3 (2 Viewers)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm kind of itching to finally go OLED in my HT. I have a 65" Vizio P Series now, which is quite good, especially for the $900 it cost, but I had always planned to go OLED, and I'm thinking now might be the time.

I want to stay with 65", and currently the 65" LG C3 is $2,100 and the G3 is $3,000. I'm really doubting it's worth the extra for the G3, plus having to get a stand to boot.

Opinions?

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I can't speak to the C3, but I'm in L-O-V-E with my 77" G3. My old 65" E6P was still going strong after 7 years of use, but I got the upgrade itch and I don't regret buying the G3 at all. It's a spectacular panel, and I think that its MLA technology (which the C3 lacks) is the real deal. I expect it to last just as long if not longer than my previous LG, and when you factor in its projected service life, all of a sudden the price premium doesn't seem so bad. Another thing to consider is the 5-year panel warranty that LG gives you with the G series TVs - the C series only carries a 1-year warranty.

Anyway, whether or not the extra money is worth it to you is, of course, a personal decision. For me, it was. As for the extra cost of the stand, Best Buy threw it in for free when I purchased my TV, and they're still including it gratis. Robert Zohn at Value Electronics gives you a sort of instant rebate on your purchase that you can use to offset that $200 as well if you choose to buy it from him.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The link doesn’t work.
Somebody is messing with the forum which makes that link unavailable. I'm talking about one of our HTF tech person.

It's the post below that earlier post with the videos.

"For the 2023 model year LG upgraded the LG G3 to include Micro Lens Array (MLA) with greatly increases the peak luminance and all of the color volume as the 33 million Micro Lenses are positioned in-front of all of the sub RGB pixels.

As with previous years the G Gallery Series has a very slim design with the built-in no gap wall mount and the heat sync that cools the OLED module so they new a9 Gen 6 processor can drive the panel harder to delivery the brighter picture.

The G3 also includes LG's 5 year warranty on the OLED panel.

LG's new 2023 C3 is a very good choice, but not as bright as the G3 and just the standard 1 year warranty for all parts and labor. Also if you plan on wall mounting the G3's low profile look when wall mounted has a modern and minimalist look.

For the 2022 G2 you would be giving up the MLA advantage and the a9 Gen 6 SoC processor upgrade. We have LG's 2022 G2 is on a very aggressive close-out price $3,399. which is lower than the big box stores."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks