What's new

This thread is for the birds! (1 Viewer)

GeorgeHolland

Stunt Coordinator
A few months ago on Hood Canal
Eagle_2192ns_72pi.jpg

Eagle_8803nys_72pi.jpg
Eagle_9187nrs_72pi.jpg
Eagle_9555nrs_72pi.jpg
Eagle_9612nrs_72pi.jpg
Eagles_2098ns_72pi.jpg
Eagles_9276nrs_72pi.jpg

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There are several osprey nests in my area, including one just a bit down the road. I’ve never spent much time observing them, but maybe I should camp out with a tripod and long lens sometime. I’ve never really shot birds.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Not great photos, as I took these with my smart phone yesterday while at the golf course. This sandhill crane would not leave us alone when we were making the turn -- it even blocked me from getting in the driver's side of the golf cart. My cart partner had to drive away from the passenger seat so I could get in. The crane continued to follow us to the next tee box. Obviously, people have been feeding the cranes -- the course is at a large metro park.

20230522_130602-X5.jpg

20230522_130607-X5.jpg

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I visited the eagles feeding on Hood Canal again, around the same time as last year and again too late in the year as the spawning was ending and there weren't as many eagles. Even with heavy clouds and rain I was able to capture many hundreds of images I was happy with.

You were "too late" again, :eek: but (ahem) MAN(!), I (and probably everyone else) would love to be "too late" as much/often as you were... :laugh::laugh::laugh::P;)

Needless to say, those are awesome shots (as usual), George!!! Congrats! And thanks much for sharing them (and perhaps, making some of us yearn to scratch that incredibly/impossibly hard-to-reach itch again :laugh::laugh::laugh::rolling-smiley:)...

:cheers:

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks