What's new

Thinking of buying the Denon 4802 (1 Viewer)

Shaun_B

Auditioning
Hello to everyone, I have been lurking for quite a while now, however now I need some advice. I have read most of the posts on this site and have checked out the 4802 and am quite immpressed. BUT spending this kind of money I do have my reservations, I do not feel comfortable with seperates so I think I will stay with a AVR. Any suggestions on comparable receivers?
Thanks in advance
Shaun
Sony Wega XBR400
Infinity IL40's
Infinity IL36
Infinity IL10's
Dish 4802 Rec
Pioneer 434 DVD
Yamaha R-V1105
Yamaha CDC 505
Panasonic VCR

Sean_B

Stunt Coordinator
Does your current receiver have pre-outs for external amplification? I have a Yahmaha 995 and was thinking of upgrading to the Denon 4802 or 5800 but I think I have my mind set on just adding a good external 5 channel amp.

Randy G

Second Unit
Sean,
Just in case you're interested;
Denon 5800-$2900
Denon 4802-$1875
Fully authorized dealer, full warranty and support, brick and mortar store, great guy to work with.
[email protected]
also Lexicon, Sherbourn, Velodyne, Integra, Onkyo, and many projectors.

Brandon B

Second Unit
Shaun
Sherwood is just beginning to ship the new R-963, which looks very comparable to the 4802 (which I had been going to get myself). It's a little less power, not quite as many inputs, but the remote might be a little better, and it does some nice stuff like upconvert composite to Svideo, upconverts to 96/24. Check out Sherwod's site and the review at Remotecenteal.com.
It's also many hundred dollars cheaper.
BB

Shaun_B

Auditioning
Thanks to everyone for there help.
I was at my local AV store today, and I got talking to the salesperson, and he told me he could cut me a deal on a
RX-V1, for about 1899.00.
I have a Yamaha now and really like it, is this a better bang for my buck than the 4802?
Again thanks in advance for all of your help.
Shaun

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
I have been a Denon fan for awhile now, but when it came down to plunking more money, I wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. When I checked out the 5800, I listened to the Onkyo 989. I found the 5800 more to my liking. Marantz, I hear, has a few new receivers coming out that is right ion the same ballpark, so you may want to consider that. I brought home a 4802, sound unheard, and am very happy with it.
------------------
Link Removed
My Home Theater Pics
My Equipment List
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks