What's new

Projector question.... (1 Viewer)

Shaun_B

Auditioning
Thanks in advance for all of your help. I am considering a crt. My question is the distance needed from projector to screen? And then veiwing distance from the screen. My room is 16w x 22d and 8" ceilings. I think that I would have the projector on the floor if this helps.

Thanks again

Shaun

Current setup

Sony XBR400

Pioneer 434 DVD (Crap)

RXVI

Infinity IL40's Front

Infinity IL36 Center

Infinity IL10's Rear

KLH Front effects and rear center

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
Shaun,
Most CRT projector average about 1.5 times the width of the screen for the throw distance. So if you want an 80" wide screen the distance from the front of your projector would be about 120" or ten feet. On CRT's this works the same for both of the major aspect ratios (16X9 screens or 4:3 screens) You will definitely want to double check this once you find the exact projector you want as this is only a rough estimate.
I don't know if you have children or not but I tried leaving my projector on the floor but my 3 year old Daughter kept trying to look in to it which was not good so I eventually ceiling mounted mine. My ceiling is only 7.5 feet high and I can still walk under mine quite easily. Good Luck.
BTW what budget are you looking at? There are some very good deals out there right now on used CRT's.
On viewing distance most people recommend about the same distance back as the rear of your projector where ever you end up putting it at. If you use upscaled DVD and HDTV as your primary sources you can sit a little closer than that.
Kevin C. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks