What's new

Thinking of buying a Honda S2000 (1 Viewer)

Jason_H

Second Unit
Interesting...yeah, I can see how Viper enthusiasts might be put off by the new model. To me it seems like it looks too much like more "common" cars...it has lost some of its distinct styling. I'm sure it doesn't disappoint performance-wise though!

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
Member suspended for posting offensive remarks. Any further remarks that can be construed as offensive, condescending, or just plain rude will be handled in the same manner.
Robert Crawford
HTF Administrator

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Strange, I'm 6 foot 2 and I never felt cramped in any Honda I've ever been in.
That just means your legs are short. :)
A friend's wife is shorter than him by an inch or so, but her legs are 6 inches longer than his! Basically, she's all leg!

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
I just read an article about the Vortech supercharger kit for the S2000 in Road and Track (I think). Gives the car another 108 HP. Interesting, though, that the 0-60 times did not improve on the test car. The 1/4mi times however, did improve modestly, while trap speed improved significantly.

I think the problem with this system is boost doesn't come on until 4000 RPM. Below that, the car makes stock-like power. They've added to the S2000's strong point, its high-RPM power, but they haven't addressed its weak point - no low-RPM torque.

It would be hard to justify spending $5-6k on a mod where you have to be going 60+mph just to notice a difference.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Jared, did it improve fuel-efficiency though? Theoretically, the improved oxygen mix should help in that regard, right?
Uh...yeah, fuel efficiency is worth the savings in gas! :)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
You might want to hold off on that S2000 purchase. Nissan has revealed pics of the new 350Z convertible.

Cam S

Screenwriter
I've heard about an upcoming S2000R with a Inline 6 developing 340+ hp, now THAT should be interesting it it comes a reality!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
:eek: No way! Thats psycho! With a 6 cyl engine, it shoudl give the torque it needs

Cam S

Screenwriter
That's the same reaction I had Nickso. Think about it, it'll be like a high strung, high revving engine with tourque like a M3 and top-end reving power like an NSX. MMMM can't wait.

Jason_H

Second Unit
The S2000R is a HUGE hoax. No such car is forthcoming. Somebody made a nice webpage and the rumor ran like wildfire.

Jason_H

Second Unit
Here is a little epilogue to my story (careful, kind if big, just give it a second to load):
S2000
It was a kind of cloudy day, so not the best pictures. The pictures DO NOT do it justice. I love the way it drives, it fits me like a glove, and I haven't even gotten to really push it yet since I haven't gone past the 600 mile break-in period yet. Thanks for all of the input guys, I'm very happy with my new purchase!
Enough typing, I'm going for a drive! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks