What's new

The WWE™ (1 Viewer)

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Anyone know the real/detailed scoop as to why Michael Hayes (Smackdown writer) got suspended for 60 days (as reported on wwe.com)? From what I read, it had something to do w/ some kind of verbal altercation between him and Mark Henry...

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Oscar, when the "Obama/Clinton" segment started I moaned because I still had a bad taste in my mouth from that horrible "Trump/Rosy O'Donnell" segement a while back. But I was pleasantly surprised at how well the segment came off with the "presidential candidates" and the fake Bill Clinton. :D

RyanAn

Screenwriter
TonyTone said:
Anyone know the real/detailed scoop as to why Michael Hayes (Smackdown writer) got suspended for 60 days (as reported on wwe.com)? From what I read, it had something to do w/ some kind of verbal altercation between him and Mark Henry...
Apparently, what I heard online was Doc Hendrix said something along the lines of "I'm more of a n------ that you are."
To his face... a 400 lbs Texan's face.
He's lucky he got away with just a 60 day suspension.
-
Did anyone watch ECDub last night? Mike "Future HOF" Adamle walked off the set and then Taz followed. I thought it was legit, but now there is an article wwe.com regarding it.
My theory is that he really did walk off, but they are trying to cover and turn it into a storyline to save face. However, Adamle is a professional and I really don't think he would really just walk-off.
Your thoughts?
ry

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
RyanAn said:
Apparently, what I heard online was Doc Hendrix said something along the lines of "I'm more of a n------ that you are."
To his face... a 400 lbs Texan's face.
He's lucky he got away with just a 60 day suspension.
-
Did anyone watch ECDub last night? Mike "Future HOF" Adamle walked off the set and then Taz followed. I thought it was legit, but now there is an article wwe.com regarding it.
My theory is that he really did walk off, but they are trying to cover and turn it into a storyline to save face. However, Adamle is a professional and I really don't think he would really just walk-off.
Your thoughts?
ry
Not to downplay the use of the N-word, but if that's what he really said, and the two of them are buddies (they don't necessarily have to be close friends or anything like that) and were just joking around w/ each other...IMHO I think the suspension is a bit harsh--if even merited at all. In any case, I guess no one other than those two will ever know exactly what went down and how it all came about, so I can understand why the WWE took the action that they did.
Re: Adamle walking off--I read elsewhere that he walked off a set before when he was a news/sportscaster at one of his previous reporting stints. Now whether last night was a work or not--who knows; when I first noticed the "silence" I figured someone (probably Vince) told Adamle to not talk too much/at all during the match...but when I didn't hear Tazz' voice either, that's when I figured something really must be going on.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Any thoughts/comments on Triple H getting the belt?
Oh, and what about Matt Hardy getting the U.S Championship belt? It was about time they gave the guy some gold.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Online sites are reporting that the whole Adamle thing was a work, aka - scripted. I don't know... I hope so, because the more I think of it, that'd be a really unprofessional thing to do. On the other hand - at a reported salary of $300,000 a year - he makes more than the average midcarder and needs to step up his game.

As for HHH - I love the guy - he's a top tear wrestler. Yeah, I'd like to see another person with the title, but you know HHH can hold it. Jeff Hardy screwed himself over as he was in talks to get it. ----- Kennedy vs HHH would be good!

Matt Hardy - I've been a fan for years. It's about time he gets a singles belt again, as I believe he was the Hardcore and Crusierweight some years ago. I can definately see Matt make it to the main event sooner than later. If he makes it on Raw as the WWE champ, then that would show they have a lot of faith in him - however I would'nt be dissapointed if he got the ECW title.

Speaking of which - I LOVE KANE and am very happy he's the champ, but I'm sad Chavo's reign was so short lived. Chavo has been a loyal, talented wrestler for years. I hope that they keep him in the main-event/title area.

ry

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
I guess RAW answered the "work or shoot" question as far as Adamle is concerned.
How much longer until Jeff Hardy is back on TV? I'm curious to see where they are going to put him in the action, and how much he screwed up his push.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Casey Trowbridg said:
If you watched last night's Raw, you should have no problem figuring out which WWE star was suspended today
LOL--I figured it had to be something along those lines; wasn't Kennedy suspended under the policy some time ago? If so, then IMHO it just seems weird (for lack of a better word/description) to see one guy who was suspended under the Wellness policy competing against--and defeating--a fellow wrestler who is about to be suspended under the same policy (I dunno if Kennedy knew about it prior to the match).

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
So Kennedy's not a heel anymore?
And what's up with these stars changing their intro music? Kennedy's wasn't good but now it's worse. And Orton's was catchy but the new just plain sucks.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I don't really keep in touch with WWE anymore but I saw Kennedy a few weeks ago on RAW, and I was a getting a Stone Cold vibe from him.

~T

DarrenHo

Stunt Coordinator
i'm sure vince mcman would love it if more people got that vibe. i find kennedy pretty annoying and don't think he's any where near steve austin in audience appeal.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
But they sure want to give him a push, even if it means shoving him down our throats.
So Cena recently came back from an injury and how he'll be gone again to shoot a movie? I wonder how that's going to affect his WWE career.
What do you guys think about Vince giving away a million dollars every week on RAW?

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Andres Munoz said:
So Kennedy's not a heel anymore?
And what's up with these stars changing their intro music? Kennedy's wasn't good but now it's worse. And Orton's was catchy but the new just plain sucks.
Probably because the WWE's latest music compilation CD didn't do quite so well? ;)
Just guessing and being partially funny at the same time--I don't know if either/both intro music tracks are on the latest CD, but if they were--all I can say is that they don't cut them like they used to. I still think the WWE Anthology CD set (released during the Attitude years IIRC) is the best one to date, IMHO.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Two thoughts on last night's RAW:
1. Vince getting RickRolled was hilarious
2. No one (on the show) noticing and mentioning it was sad

Lin Park

Second Unit
I enjoyed the show. Honestly, I had to lookup RickRolling myself just now and had never heard of it until your post. For some reason I thought it was just the way a certain phone company allowed you to have your calls handled - pretty cool to play someone a song instead of hearing those annoying dial tones.

Whats the story with Taker these days? He can't honestly be done.

Also, I picked up the Sean Michael's DVD set the other day - Best Buy had a great deal on the Ultimate Fan set with the necklace, the cup, and t-shirt. Watched the first disk and found it interesting - I was mostly into WCW most of my life. Was curious what those here think about Sean being the greatest in ring performer of all time. With Ric Flair recently hanging up the boots, its hard to say for me. And with the young guys today (like AJ Styles) I'm wondering who may be the next "greatest of all time".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks