What's new

the WIFE wants new speakers (1 Viewer)

Curt_Saw

Auditioning
I have just moved my ht equipment into our dedicated theater room. (thanks to everyone here for their input). My 50" pioneer was left in the living room & now my wife is missing the sound of my ht setup. I'm looking for suggestions of a inexpensive speaker packaged (5.1) that has to, according to the wife A) look good - color must be white or silver, and B) sound good. I don't know which issue has priority - probably the color. I would like to keep it around 500-600 dollars. I was thinking of the new Athena micra 6 system, have not heard it yet, any impressions or other suggestions welcome.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah i was just gonna suggest the Athena... Good price, good sound for the price, and most importantly ;) they're silver

DarwinH

Auditioning
Probably too pricey - even if you find a screamin' deal.
But I am very impressed with my new Pinnacle Quantum Subsonic 5.1 system. (silver)
Most every internet location I found them at had them from $1200-$1500. I paid $990 for mine. Also have seen one or two on E-Bay recently.

;)

Shane K

Agent
Definitely go for the Athena Micra system. This got a glowing review in the new HT Magazine. Pair it off w/ an entry level receiver and you're all set.

Kinger

gregD

Second Unit
Have a look at Gallo: http://www.roundsound.com/

The little spheres are big performers, with a couple of disclaimers... 1) their performance will likely be less pronounced in a bigger room (probably shouldn't exceed 15 x 15)... 2) a quality sub is required to go with the spheres, and IMO, Gallo subs are not the solution (they sound muddy and are of lightweight construction).

The spheres are stylish, come in colors and retail for $300 / pr... worthy of consideration / auditioning.

Curt_Saw

Auditioning
Thanks to all for the replies, have to find some of these locally to audition. The rocket tykes are interesting, I know I can't audition, if anyone has these, what are your impressions vs. other small sat/sub speakers you have heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks