What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Shows I would love to see on DVD (1 Viewer)

JamesSBarr

Grip
FOX: The Bob Newhart Show, Newhart, Batman, Hill Street Blues, Lou Grant, St. Elsewhere, Remington Steele, L.A. Law, WKRP in Cincinnatti, Rhoda

Warner Bros.:The Dukes of Hazzard, Night Court, The Adventures of Superman, Lois & Clark, The Drew Carey Show

Columbia/Tristar: Married...With Children (full seasons!), Barney Miller, T.J. Hooker, Hunter, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Maude, Father Knows Best, Dennis the Menace, Soap, Benson, The Facts of Life, Different Strokes

MGM: Green Acres, Mr. Ed, Cagney & Lacey, In the Heat of the Night

Paramount: Petticoat Junction, The Andy Griffith Show, Mission: Impossible (both the original and 1988 Revival!), Star Trek: TOS (in full season sets), Star Trek: The ANimated Series, MacGyver, Gomer Pyle USMC, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy, Family Ties

Universal: The Incredible Hulk (The TV Pilot was a good start!), The A-Team, Murder, She Wrote, Dragnet (60's Revival), Adam-12, Emergency!,

Disney: Home Improvement, The Golden Girls, Empty Nest, Boy Meets World

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

PienSavaca

Stunt Coordinator
Did you enter these on a tvshowsondvd.com account too?

I doubt studios will look at numerous HTF threads for research. They are more likely to look at the rankings at tvshowsondvd.com or just do a public survey like columbia-tristar did.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I just read that SCTV is coming out in January. Thats one of my favorites.
I would also like Bosom Buddies.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I don't knwo who ownsthese shows but I would love to get
THE NANNY

THAT 70S SHOW

THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Some shows I would love to see on DVD are:

Columbia/TriStar/Sony:

-The Real Ghostbusters
-Extreme Ghostbusters
-Slimer! And The Real Ghostbusters

Fox:

-Goosebumps
-Bobby's World
-Life With Louie

Paramount/Viacom:

-Are You Afraid Of The Dark?
-Rocko's Modern Life
-Ren & Stimpy

I'd love to see all of these shows on DVD and would buy them all in a heartbeat.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Grouped by studio for shows above

FOX

Batman: trying, don't hold your breath
WKRP in Cincinnatti- Music issues[/quote]

Goosebumps>
Bobby's World- All now owned by Disney I believe,
don't hold your breath
Life With Louie>

WARNER

The Dukes of Hazzard- On the way
Night Court- Heard it's under consideration
The Adventures of Superman- Don't hold your breath
Lois & Clark- Will probably happen eventually along w/Flash

Paramount:

Mission: Impossible(All)- Probably with MI3 movie
Star Trek: TOS (in full season sets)- 2005 from rumors

Star Trek: The ANimated Series- Licensing problems, probably the issue that Hallmark owns the animation, but Paramount owns ST

MacGyver- Heard some rumblings, but they were supposed to be tied to "young MacGyver", which never got greenlighted.

Happy Days- Music rights are hell on it, 50/50

Universal:
The Incredible Hulk (The TV Pilot was a good start!)- There's some kind of set coming in November, think it's a best-of though

The A-Team- Believe Columbia House has this right now

Murder, She Wrote- I'm going to say unlikely, because the audience for this show isn't quite in the right demo for good sales. It was a good show though. [/quote]

Columbia/Tristar:
Married...With Children (full seasons!)- October,
Soap- I believe that was a successful canidate from their survey.
Ghostbusters(all)- Columbia has not really released their animated stuff at all, and frankly have you WATCHED extreme Ghostbusters? Not only was the animation and stories poor, but it should have been called "PC Ghostbusters", Every ethnic group and even the handicapped? All the charm that "Real" had was gone.

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff, I've seen several episodes of Extreme Ghostbusters. I agree that it paled in comparison to the original series, but on it's own it was pretty decent, I enjoyed it and would buy the DVDs if released.

And on Goosebumps, I never knew Disney owned the rights, does Fox still have them or no more? I know they distributed the videos (which are still sold at stores I believe). Do you have an e-mail for Disney where I could contact them about shows they own, DVD releases, etc.?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Fox sold their entire "family" lineup including Fox Kids to Disney with the Family channel. Disney has no clue that they even own half these properties, or that people want to see them (like Tick animated). Call the 800# listed on Disney DVDs (I think it's 1-800-4-Disney) and tell them what you want.

Don't hold your breath

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The Saint
Return of the Saint
Batman
Star Trek Animated Series
The Pursuaders

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff, thanks for the information, is the number you can call Disney asking them about DVDs free? Not to sound stupid, I currently don't own any Disney DVDs. Do they also have an e-mail I can use to ask them?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's an 800 number, they're all free (along with 888, 866 and I think there's one more)

1 phone call is with at least 5 emails. 1 snail mail letter is worth 10 phone calls.

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks again Jeff, I'll call them in a few days from now and ask them if they plan to release any of the shows I mentioned onto DVD (or at least re-air them on the Family Channel which they now own).

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
I'll try asking them anyway, it's worth a try, and it's possible if their asked maybe they'll become aware of the properties they own.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
OK, well the CSRs don't control anything. They're basically secretaries. They don't know anything about anything not out or on the release schedual. They have no control over what gets released other than taking the shows you want to see and entering them in a database.

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
That's good enough, at least they'll know they own the property and there's always the possibility it just might get a release.

Benn

Stunt Coordinator
How'bout some of Gregory Peck's great ones?
i.e.
THE GUNFIGHTER (1950) or the earlier DUEL IN THE SUN.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks