What's new

Classic and/or popular series you've never really watched? (2 Viewers)

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Most current shows go right by me. There are far too many to choose form now and unless the subject matter is right up my alley, I don't bother. So Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Orange is the New Black....never saw 'em.

Classic shows? I'm sure I "saw" most of them, or watched at least part of an episode.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Most current shows go right by me. There are far too many to choose form now and unless the subject matter is right up my alley, I don't bother. So Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Orange is the New Black....never saw 'em.

Classic shows? I'm sure I "saw" most of them, or watched at least part of an episode.

Same here. There are so many new shows popping up on Netflix alone that I don't pay much attention unless there is something that is tailor-made for my interests or just really stands out. I've seen some of Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad - both are good but sometimes grim.

I am slowly working my way through all pre-1990 adventure/crime drama series I can find online, including some UK shows. Seen at least part of most of the big series after '65.

Already seen a high percentage of animation from this era. Sitcoms will have to come next.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
There were only a few shows I watched in the 90's, and fewer still in the 2000's. In the 90's I regularly watched The Wonder Years, In the Heat of the Night, Family Matters, 7th Heaven and Road to Avonlea. In the 2000's I did watch Enterprise, Smallville and Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye. I never watched any of the so-called popular shows like Friends, The Simpsons, or The Soprano's. I just don't find the newer stuff to be very appealing most of the time.

Anything from the 50's or 60's that I've have access to I've at least tried out. And I've enjoyed the vast majority of it. Once the 70's hit it changed a lot for me. There are any number of "classics" from that decade that I don't care for at all. The same could be said of the 80's, although I thought there was a slight uptick in that decade from the previous one. But after that, it certainly started going downhill fast for me personally. But to each his own.

Gary "thankful for the advent of TV on DVD, that's for sure!" O.
I like The Wonder Years Family Matters 7th Heaven and Road To Avonlea but never watched In The Heat Of the Night Smallville or Sue Thomas F.B.Eye.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Here's mine list,those television shows i like are Who's The Boss Growing pains Perfect Strangers Head Of The Class etc.but here's are the television shows that i never watched here we go
Once And Again
Promised Land
Freaks And Geeks
Smallville
The O.C.
One Tree Hill
Leave It To Beaver
My Three Sons
Tales Of The Crypt
Kojak
Desperate Housewives
Lost
Everybody Loves Raymond
The King Of Queens
Touched By An Angel
The Dead Zone
The 4400
The Sheild
Nip/Tuck
Intervention
The First 48
Family Feud with Steve Harvey
The Price Is Right with Drew Carey
Deal Or No Deal
Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader
Seinfeld
Friends
Frasier
Er
Seaquest Dsv/2060
Crossing Jordan
Third Watch
The A-team
Miami Vice
Magnum P.i.
Dallas
Knots Landing
Falcon crest
The Love Boat
Fantasy Island
The Sopranos
Sex And The City
The Practice
Full House
Sister Sister
Sabrina The Teenage Witch
The Nanny
Saved By The Bell
Jag
Brothers(Showtime)
Wkrp In Cincinnati
Cosmos(Carl Sagan)
Antiques Roadshow
Reality tv garbage
Spongebob Squarepants

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Here's mine list,those television shows i like are Who's The Boss Growing pains Perfect Strangers Head Of The Class etc.but here's are the television shows that i never watched here we go
Once And Again
Promised Land
Freaks And Geeks
Smallville
The O.C.
One Tree Hill
Leave It To Beaver
My Three Sons
Tales Of The Crypt
Kojak
Desperate Housewives
Lost
Everybody Loves Raymond
The King Of Queens
Touched By An Angel
The Dead Zone
The 4400
The Sheild
Nip/Tuck
Intervention
The First 48
Family Feud with Steve Harvey
The Price Is Right with Drew Carey
Deal Or No Deal
Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader
Seinfeld
Friends
Frasier
Er
Seaquest Dsv/2060
Crossing Jordan
Third Watch
The A-team
Miami Vice
Magnum P.i.
Dallas
Knots Landing
Falcon crest
The Love Boat
Fantasy Island
The Sopranos
Sex And The City
The Practice
Full House
Sister Sister
Sabrina The Teenage Witch
The Nanny
Saved By The Bell
Jag
Brothers(Showtime)
Wkrp In Cincinnati
Cosmos(Carl Sagan)
Antiques Roadshow
Reality tv garbage
Spongebob Squarepants
I've never watched most of these either, except Leave It To Beaver, My Three Sons and several others.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Two And A Half Men
How I Met Your Mother
NCIS Franchise
CSI Franchise
The West Wing
Criminal Minds Franchise
Star Trek Franchise
Stargate Franchise
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead
Mad Men
Pawn Stars
American Pickers
Storage Wars
Baywatch (only watch it for the babes)
Modern Family
The Middle
The Goldbergs
Mom

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I never watched any of the popular prime-time soaps, like Dallas, Dynasty, etc. And I watch very few sitcoms. I've seen the occasional Seinfeld rerun in syndication, but that's it. When my wife and I were watching My Name Is Earl every week, we'd end up catching the first couple of minutes of The Office, which aired right after Earl. We didn't see anything in those few minutes to make us want to see any more of it. Never got into any of the CSI, NCIS, or Law & Order franchise shows, though I"m a fan of the Chicago franchise. My wife was a fan of the original CSI, though.

Some popular cable shows I would give a shot to but eventually decided not to continue with include American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad. In the case of those last two, I had admiration for them, but not enough affection.

These days, I don't watch much in the way of broadcast or basic cable network shows. At the moment, the only broadcast network shows I watch are the Chicago shows, Young Sheldon, Blue Bloods, and Stargirl. And I watch maybe one basic cable show at any given time. Now that Resident Alien is done for the season, I'm down to zero on that. Though my wife and I did watch Red Election on Ovation concurrently, but that's over now, too.

My criteria for what I will watch boils down to:

(1) Subject matter or genre: I'm more likely to try an SF/fantasy/supernatural than any other genre, but it also depends on the specific concept. Or whether it's a fresh idea. I watched the entire run of Supernatural, but I have no interest in the just-started prequel, The Winchesters.

(2) The creators/showrunners. Unfortunately, there aren't any right now that are an automatic "yes" that work on broadcast network TV. Most of my favorites are currently working on premium cable and/or streaming shows.

(3) Cast. Certain actors will get me to watch a show, or at least try it. Not always, though.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
I watched mostly sitcoms dramas music and game shows.but i never watched The Beverly Hillbillies,The Time Tunnel,or
any trashy television series on mtv or celebrity reality programs on vh1.there very offensive.never watched restaurant or bar television anywhere.i don't watch sports anymore,i watched movies,that's what i do on sundays.i don't watch sports or news programs,

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Never watched Gunsmoke. Not enough special effects or space aliens. Too serious. Needed more robots. Too much talking.

--jthree

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
For example My Name Is Earl,The Unit,Rat Patrol,Better Call Saul,New Adventures Of Old Christie.and many others.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Robots and space aliens in a western???? :)
Irwin Allen: "Hold my beer."

You've never seen The Time Tunnel, have ya? :D

Not much with robots but aliens in the old west? Yuup

20221016-083912.JPG
20221016-083935.JPG
20221016-083945.JPG
20221016-083957.JPG

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
The District
The Honeymooners
Jackie Gleason show
All In The Family
That 70's Show
Malcolm In The Middle
Monk
Psych
Royal Pains
Numbers
Nash Bridges.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
I never watched Good Times very offensive and never watched Beverly Hills 90210 or Ally Mcbeal none of those shows.but i've seen luke perry in the movie 8 Seconds he was amazing.but Vonda Shepard is amazing talented and so beautiful.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Irwin Allen: "Hold my beer."

You've never seen The Time Tunnel, have ya? :D

Not much with robots but aliens in the old west? Yuup

View attachment 158153 View attachment 158154 View attachment 158155 View attachment 158156

Now this is acting!. For those of you who've watched this episode, you know that Colbert and Darren are such superb actors that you can't help but hang unto to every word. Notice those silver aliens. Their realism is ground-breaking, and the cues that go along with every special effect. What can i say but superb! Even Star Trek could not match this series with its dialogue and writing. Who needs boring Gunsmoke and Bonanza when you have lasers, men twirling around, and silver aliens? Did I mention it has explosions?

--jthree

Last edited:

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Now this is acting!. For those of you who've watched this episode, you know that Colbert and Darrow are such superb actors that you can't help but hang unto to every word. Notice those silver aliens. Their realism is ground-breaking, and the cues that go along with every special effect. What can i say but superb! Even Star Trek could not match this series with its dialogue and writing. Who needs boring Gunsmoke and Bonanza when you have lasers, men twirling around, and silver aliens? Did I mention it has explosions?

--jthree
I like all of them. It depends on my mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks