What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Saint Possibly Coming from Shout! in April 2015 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
You guys might know this already, but just in case: there is another color Saint episode out on Blu-Ray. Network in the U.K. released an ITC sampler set (actually, 3 sets now combined into one) called Retro-Action. The set includes one episode each of the following series (with the exception of Danger Man, which has two episodes, one from the earlier half-hour series and one from the later hour long ones), beautifully remastered in HD:

THE PERSUADERS!
RANDALL AND HOPKIRK (DECEASED)
DEPARTMENT S
THE CHAMPIONS
STRANGE REPORT
THE SAINT
DANGER MAN
THE PRISONER
GIDEON'S WAY
MAN IN A SUITCASE
THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD
SHIRLEY'S WORLD
THE INVISIBLE MAN
THE BARON
RETURN OF THE SAINT
THE ZOO GANG

The Saint episode on the set is "The Queen's Ransom," a good one with Dawn Addams, which I believe was the first of the color series. The above set is pretty affordable, at a little over 10 pounds before shipping. Highly recommended as a sampler of ITC greatness.

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I received my Shout/Timeless box sets of The Saint and Danger Man. The Saint looks...okay. The color episodes, at any rate, look pretty compressed. They also only have the movie version of Vendetta for the Saint rather than the original broadcast two-part version.

Danger Man looks better but the sound on two of the three episodes I checked was awful. The Not-So-Jolly Roger and Koroshi sound like they're being broadcast from under 6 feet of water. A quick comparison with the old A&E sets is disappointing. The A&E look the same and sound MUCH better. This wasn't an upgrade at all. Even at 40% off, it they were still a nice chunka change. For that money, I was expecting better than I got.

Sorry to hear that. Disappointing.

How are the Saint set extras?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
You guys might know this already, but just in case: there is another color Saint episode out on Blu-Ray. Network in the U.K. released an ITC sampler set (actually, 3 sets now combined into one) called Retro-Action. The set includes one episode each of the following series(with the exception of Danger Man, which has two episodes, one from the earlier half-hour series and one from the later hour long ones), beautifully remastered in HD:

THE PERSUADERS!
RANDALL AND HOPKIRK (DECEASED)
DEPARTMENT S
THE CHAMPIONS
STRANGE REPORT
THE SAINT
DANGER MAN
THE PRISONER
GIDEON'S WAY
MAN IN A SUITCASE
THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD
SHIRLEY'S WORLD
THE INVISIBLE MAN
THE BARON
RETURN OF THE SAINT
THE ZOO GANG

The Saint episode on the set is "The Queen's Ransom," a good one with Dawn Addams, which I believe was the first of the color series. The above set is pretty affordable, at a little over 10 pounds before shipping. Highly recommended as a sampler of ITC greatness.

I have the persuaders Blu ray set and it’s fantastic.

I may have to pick up the sampler disc.

I really enjoyed the avengers cybernauts trilogy Blu ray too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sbaker1991
Recent bookmarks