What's new

The Saint Possibly Coming from Shout! in April 2015 (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Well, I went ahead and ordered the two DVD sets from the UK. So I expect an announcement of an HD release to be imminent...

I feel like that happens to me a lot!!

I have heard nothing about a blu ray release of the saint.

Return of the saint dvd set too? I have it but those are a tough watch for me.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Return of the saint dvd set too? I have it but those are a tough watch for me.
No Return of the Saint. Just the black & white and colour sets of the original. I used to watch Return as a kid, but I’m not sure it would hold up now.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
No Return of the Saint. Just the black & white and colour sets of the original. I used to watch Return as a kid, but I’m not sure it would hold up now.

I really wanted the series to be as good as the new avengers.
I’ll have to try a few episodes of it again soon.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Go the UK sets and quickly spot-checked some of the discs. The black and white set looks excellent, the colour less so. Seems they used older masters for the colour set.
Awesome!

Glad you are enjoying the set!!!

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
A little off topic, I hope Shout does get the rights to release The Saint movie on blu-ray because it would make a great movie to release as part of their Shout Selects series.

Getting back to topic, I do wish the color masters used for The Saint were a little better and a good remastering to blu-ray would be wonderful for Saint TV show fans

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
A little off topic, I hope Shout does get the rights to release The Saint movie on blu-ray because it would make a great movie to release as part of their Shout Selects series.

Getting back to topic, I do wish the color masters used for The Saint were a little better and a good remastering to blu-ray would be wonderful for Saint TV show fans

have you seen the news about Chris Pine being cast in a new Saint film from Paramount?

The Kilmer Saint film is available in us on iTunes. It’s on my wish list to buy when there is a price break.

I would buy the film on blu ray for sure too. I really want to see the alternate ending to the film too!

regarding the color on the Roger Moore set, it’s been a while since I’ve watched them. I’ll have to give them a watch. I have the UK dvd set from Network.

thanks for bumping this thread too. I always need a good excuse to watch The Saint! I was watching some of the black and white episodes a few weeks ago. They are on Amazon Prime too.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Also the Kilmer Saint movie is on Netflix in HD too.

here is the region 2 PAL dvd set that I have for the moore series:

also they did some of the extras as separate discs too:

Here is also a set of soundtrack music from the show too. Highly recommended!

Finally, I also picked up The Persuaders! Blu ray series set. It stars Roger Moore and Tony Curtis. It includes the Saint episode The Ex King of Diamonds in HD too!

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Also the Kilmer Saint movie is on Netflix in HD too.

here is the region 2 PAL dvd set that I have for the moore series:

also they did some of the extras as separate discs too:

Here is also a set of soundtrack music from the show too. Highly recommended!

Finally, I also picked up The Persuaders! Blu ray series set. It stars Roger Moore and Tony Curtis. It includes the Saint episode The Ex King of Diamonds in HD too!

Thats‘s pretty much the same collection I have, plus the A&E Megaset and their two volume release of the b&w years. I was thinking of getting the Shout release to have it all in one place without the PAL time compression but never got to it. Now it’s too expensive. I never heard the prints were any better than the previous releases and the Network extras were solid.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Also Vendetta For the Saint was released here on dvd in the US with a Roger Moore audio commentary:

Vendetta for the Saint

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
[QUOTE="ScottRE, post: 4874576, member: Vendetta for the Saint
[/QUOTE]

The PAL speed has never bothered me.
That being said I recently didn’t bother to pull my dvds out to watch them. Rather I was watching them on prime.

On the transfer comparisons I would have to research reviews to know. Dvdbeaver might be a good way to find some. I have a contact that might now more too.

I do hope the series eventually gets HD treatment. I know Network was planning on this.

can’t say enough about how great The Persuaders Blu Ray set is. You do need a region free Blu Ray player. Worth it though.

networks extras are unmatched. I don’t think ill
Part with my saint dvd sets anytime due to the wealth of extras they have in them.

Im not sure if the series is available digitally?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Thats‘s pretty much the same collection I have, plus the A&E Megaset and their two volume release of the b&w years. I was thinking of getting the Shout release to have it all in one place without the PAL time compression but never got to it. Now it’s too expensive. I never heard the prints were any better than the previous releases and the Network extras were solid.

I just noted that shout factory is listed as the label on the amazon prime digital versions....

I’ll have to compare them to my network dvd set...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks