What's new

The Right Stuff: SE??? (1 Viewer)

RaghuB

Auditioning
Does anyone know if and when Warner plans to release a SE? I thought that it was scheduled for this year.

Mikko Rasinkangas

Stunt Coordinator
Question mark in the title would be nice...

As for the answer: I think Warner has no plans at this time to revisit "The Right Stuff".

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
RaghuB, welcome to HTF.
I don't think you realize it, but your fonts are a mile high to us!
I've seen this happen before with newcomers, and if you are like them you don't have any way to realize it on your end...it looks perfectly normal to you.
I just went to the HTF Feedback forum and started a thread on this subject (it's here). I have begun to believe that SOME new users (not a majority of them by any stretch) are using some setup different from the others that causes the fonts to be so big to us.
Perhaps you can pop over there and leave a post naming your computer setup, what Operating System and web browser you use, your ISP name, and anything else that comes to mind as being pertinent to helping the HTF moderators identify and solve this problem (if I'm right and it is indeed a problem along the lines I'm thinking of).
In the meantime, guys, I'm sure Raghu didn't mean to post fonts this big, so let's lay off of him and tolerate the situation until a mod can help him fix it.
Thanks, and again, welcome! I too wish for a Right Stuff SE. Even site like Link Removed don't seem to give us any mention of such an animal coming yet. This is a WB title, and they are slow to reissue already-released DVD's, because they also have so large a backlog of unreleased films and TV shows to DVD. I'm holding off on the flipper old version, though! :)

RaghuB

Auditioning
Sorry about the font size. I tried to fix it but was not able to do so. Dave, Thanks for your help.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
You're welcome. I believe you have owner Parker Clack to REALLY thank; I'm sure it was he who did the adjustment.
Note to the two people who responded to Raghu's font size here. I don't think either of YOU were being rude. Perhaps not entirely constructive, but not nasty either. :) You should not misconstrue my remarks in the other thread to believe they apply to you.
I'm referring to other posts by other members in other cases where a similar thing happened. No hard feelings, okay?

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
As for the answer: I think Warner has no plans at this time to revisit "The Right Stuff".
The good news is that Warner actually does plan to revisit The Right Stuff. The bad news is it is scheduled for 2003.

This is what a Warner rep told me last year.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I don't think that there is any doubt that the new disc will not be a flipper.

I really like this movie and think that it is one of the best movies of the eighties.

It really does deserve the SE treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks