What's new

The Practice 4/25/04 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Eugene gets a shot at a Superior Judge slot, and Eleanor didn't take the new development well, but finally came around to it, and it looks like Jamie's going to have to really go looking for another job, which is her worst fear come true.

Jimmy's new law practice attracts Lenny the Fish (Big Pussy from the Sopranos) as a competitor and it appears to be headed to a confrontation. The bug-up-the-butt case appears to be going away as the fiancee was discovered to be the informant, and it'll be used to give up a bigger fish for Jimmy to save his friend.

Alan takes on the NHL and slaps around their lawyer for their lack of punishment on fighting in their league. He also makes some vintage connection with Sally, who was spotted dancing on the top of a bar a la Coyote Ugly. He also gets totally under the skin of Demornay's character.

So we'll be saying goodbye to Eugene's and Bobby's firm very soon now...

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
My favorite line this year from any show was last night between Sally and Alan.

Sally is coming on to Alan in his office.

After Alan's speech about not becoming "Like Them". And Sally kisses Alan.

Alan tell Sally that he is involved with someone. Sally asks if it's anyone she knows? Alan says. "Yes....Me!" I laughed out loud. What a line and delivery!

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Maybe it's just me, but I see 2 spinoffs here. They are introducing too much for Jimmy's situation to be wrapped up in the one remaining episode. Frankly, I look forward to both if that's the case.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Nope, but I can well imagine that he might drift in and out of the odd episode.

As will possibly the new Judge.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Listening to Jimmy preach each week as a central character in a spin-off would last about a week.

As a side character in the original firm he was tolerable, but alone as the savior of the poor and misguided, it gets old. The best part of this season was watching Alan Shore torment him - that I will miss!

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Jimmy will be dead before the end of the season.

"Your honor, I stand before you charged with the offing of one Jimmy Berlutti. Before I refute these charges, I'd like to say that I saw your family out front, and I thought they were a very nice looking family. It would be a shame if anything happened to such a nice family...."

Rob T

Screenwriter

A while ago, I heard that there will be 2 spin-offs, but the second will be a comedy focusing on Ellenor. It sounds like another Ally McBeal to me. :thumbsdown:

I would much rather watch a show about Jimmy.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Good to see Alan Shore back and in fine form after being pushed out of the spotlight for the past few weeks by Shatner's "Denny Crane" act.

I don't think the resolution of the Jimmy story will be his death. Rather, Jimmy's friend Manny will take matters into his own hands and "Big Pussy" will be sent back where he belongs - sleeping with the fishes. ;)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I will definitely watch an Alan Shore spinoff. Just got through watching another great performance by Spader.

NolanJ

Second Unit
Yes indeed. I have said before, this is my favorite season of The Practice (so where the heck are the Season DVDs, anyway?).

Spader has turned into one of my favorite actors in all of television.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks