What's new

'The Others' dvd. Anybody heard when? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I figured that since this film is only doing mediocre business at the box office, it shouldn't be too long coming to dvd. Has anyone heard ANYTHING about when or what features it might have?
------------------
Warner Bros. is officially dead to me.

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
THE OTHERS is still holding at the #4 spot at the box office. It took in over 10 million this past weekend totaling 32.2 million in 2 weeks according to rottentomatoes.com Those aren't impressive numbers next to AMERICAN PIE 2 which took in over 21 million this past weekend and totaling 87.3 million in the same time period.
It probably won't last much longer at theaters in the next few weeks...a shame. THE OTHERS is a great film, as you already know, Jon.
------------------
LuvLBX
[Edited last by Jerry Gracia on August 21, 2001 at 10:35 AM]

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Actually, The Others had the lowest decline in the top 10 and is more than holding its own. Produced for only $17 million, it has already turned a profit and is headed for $60 to 70 million, making it the surprise sleeper hit of late summer.
I expect it will play at least through September with a DVD release early in 2002. Hope it's a Special Edition.
BTW, I loved it. :)
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I wanted this disc yesterday!! I loved this movie!! This was the best film Ive seen all year.

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
any one else tired of people asking about a movies dvd release dates while they are still in the theater?
------------------
------------------
Sirdvd.com
Link Removed

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
I believe that someone started a thread last week about a dvd date for a flick that has not been released yet...
rolleyes.gif

------------------

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
I don't mind posts about possible release dates. Just shows how excited people are for a particular film.
A friend in the industry suggested that "The Other's" will come out early Feb, 2002.
Elbert

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Robert Spalding, so sorry to upset you so (sarcasm off). I started this thread because it's not out of the qeustion for a current theatrical film to have a dvd announcment date. 'Pearl Harbor' had a dvd date just a week or two after it opened, it's not out of the qeustion. Jeez!
------------------
Warner Bros. is officially dead to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks