What's new

The Official HTF Cat Thread (1 Viewer)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Max has been accepted back and is now listed for adoption.

Yesterday, I picked up 2 two-month-old females with upper respiratory infections. They actually look pretty healthy and are very active, but they have eye drops and oral medicine for some days. These are the smallest kittens I've fostered so far. They were turned in as strays and are rather scared of me. They are not used to being handled, so I had quite a hard time giving them eye drops this morning, especially the smaller one. She's a feisty little kitty!! They go back for a check-up in 2 weeks.

Pictures soon.

P.S. Happy to say one of them has been seen drinking from her water bowl already. :)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Schro cat.jpg

Schrodinger's cat plots his revenge.

Last edited:

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Emmy and Zooey.jpg

Here are Emmy and Zooey (back and front). Both are getting used to me being around, but Zooey still doesn't like to be touched. Emmy is more tolerant and curious, as well. They are SO active and rough in their play, then are grooming each other the next moment. They finish their eye drops today, then another day of oral medicine (which apparently has a fishy taste they and previous kitties have liked).

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
My son who is away at college adopted the stray that was living in his back yard just prior to a really bad storm. She now lives with him and will be coming home this summer with him. Hoping her and the stray we adopted a few years ago, Zoe, get along. Anyway he is calling her "Honey" and she seems very sweet....

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Very sad that Grumpy Cat has passed so young. Many great cat memes all over the 'net thanks to GC.

Also had some bad news this week that we will need to make a decision about my Mom's cat soon. He's 14+, so he's had a typical cat life, but it's still sad. He's had skin cancer issues for a couple years now, and he was just diagnosed as diabetic. He's not of the temperament that he's likely to endure twice-a-day insulin shots.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Very sad that Grumpy Cat has passed so young. Many great cat memes all over the 'net thanks to GC.

Also had some bad news this week that we will need to make a decision about my Mom's cat soon. He's 14+, so he's had a typical cat life, but it's still sad. He's had skin cancer issues for a couple years now, and he was just diagnosed as diabetic. He's not of the temperament that he's likely to endure twice-a-day insulin shots.
Insulin shots are not painful and easy to give.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I have 4 new foster kitties. Although they were turned in as strays together, the Humane Society wasn't sure if they are all siblings. I think all may be, except for the black one who is considerably bigger (and wins all the wrestling matches). They are 5 - 6 weeks old.

eating_resized.jpg
sleepy girl_2_resized.jpg
stripey_resized.jpg
bold one_resized.jpg
panther_resized.jpg

They are being treated with eye drops for conjunctivitis, ending today. Will be going in for a check-up later this week. The black one may possibly make the weight for spaying, but I think the other 3 will need longer.

The kitty in the 2nd to last photo is the boldest and most friendly. She will come up to me every time and likes the attention. The others are a bit skittish yet, especially the black one. She does love to stare at the human from afar, though. The sleeping one with the orange mouse is the only boy.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I have 4 new foster kitties. Although they were turned in as strays together, the Humane Society wasn't sure if they are all siblings. I think all may be, except for the black one who is considerably bigger (and wins all the wrestling matches). They are 5 - 6 weeks old.

View attachment 58799 View attachment 58800 View attachment 58801 View attachment 58802 View attachment 58803
They are being treated with eye drops for conjunctivitis, ending today. Will be going in for a check-up later this week. The black one may possibly make the weight for spaying, but I think the other 3 will need longer.

The kitty in the 2nd to last photo is the boldest and most friendly. She will come up to me every time and likes the attention. The others are a bit skittish yet, especially the black one. She does love to stare at the human from afar, though. The sleeping one with the orange mouse is the only boy.

Nice ones! Names?

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I have been busy with the kitties!! Had to take in a couple of them yesterday for their check-up and because one of them has diarrhea. So now I have liquid medicine and probiotics for all 4 kitties. Had a difficult time giving them the liquid last night -- it apparently does NOT taste good. The black one was especially adamant about not opening her mouth.

I think I've finally decided on the names, so photos with names coming soon!

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I have been busy with the kitties!! Had to take in a couple of them yesterday for their check-up and because one of them has diarrhea. So now I have liquid medicine and probiotics for all 4 kitties. Had a difficult time giving them the liquid last night -- it apparently does NOT taste good. The black one was especially adamant about not opening her mouth.

I thought that one looked like trouble!
cat_16.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks