What's new

The Official HTF Cat Thread (1 Viewer)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Been very busy with the kitties!! Finally, here are their names and photos!

Sheena
P1150124_resized.jpg

Kara
P1150091_kara_resized.jpg

Joey
P1150122_resized_Joey.jpg

Jenny
P1150017_resized_Jenny.jpg

I had an incident about 5 days ago where I came home to find poop all over the place -- in the middle of the tiles, in the "house" of the cat tree and in their towel. Not sure what happened as they have been good about the litter box before that and since. All 4 will have their check-up this coming Saturday. I'm a little worried about Kara making the weight, but the others should be fine. Joey is so cute and a little roly-poly. Kara loves to be petted and touched, and Joey has finally started to like it. Sheena and Jenny will come very close when I'm in their area and sprint away if I make a motion toward them.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Sheena and Joey were accepted back on Saturday for spay/neuter and adoption. Joey was posted and has since been taken down, so I think he was adopted. I haven't seen Sheena being listed.

Although Jenny made the weight and they were going to take her back, I asked if I could keep her so Kara is not all alone. So these 2 have been bonding and playing really well. I know they will eventually be separated, but I couldn't bear to have Kara crying for the siblings. Kara has been climbing me like a cat tree and Jenny is copying her now. Jenny finally lets me pet her sometimes.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Darn but this is a great photo of Palmerston the kitty.

C0SAEvtW8AEGDMt.jpg

Palmerston is the Official Mouser to the UK Foreign Office. Duke wants to know why I'm too cheap to hire a classy honor guard like this for him.
The guy on the top of the steps on the right, I can see him thinking “Must not pet the cat! Must not pet the cat!”

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Oh dear.

Presenting a new friend. Maggie – the moggie. Named for the late Baroness Thatcher, the British Prime Minister.

View attachment 59904

So far little Duke is showing respect for the Baroness.

Maggie is five years old, and has already insisted on exploring every inch of my house.
Bless your heart for adopting an adult cat. There are not enough of you out there. :thumbsup:

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Boise is blessed with a very good cat shelter/rescue organization. https://simplycats.org/

I wanted a mature cat to be a companion for Dukie, so they could share food. My vet says a chubby 5 year old can do just fine on senior indoor chow. It's amazing that Duke is now 13 years old. He's been moping around since Condoleezza died last December.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Is your neighbor a feral? She's got an ear notch, and they often used for marking fixed ferals.
In my experience, it’s more common to “tip” the ear, i.e. cat off a small portion of the top of the ear while the cat is under anesthesia. We’ve got two tipped cats in our house. They were trapped and thought to be feral, but turned out to be sweethearts.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
She's very tame and has been since I've known her (She has a nice family next door to me). But maybe very early in life she was homeless at one point and got that mark after getting spayed.

One of my own cats was adopted with the same sort of marking when she was a year old and about to be put to sleep by the animal shelter. Tiger on the other hand (Seen as a kitten in 1996 in my user picture) had a similar mark that he got just because my family's oldest cat at the time hated me and took her anger out on Tiger at times, and clawed his ear good one day.

The family we got her from had a young boy that mistreated her at times. Since I was about 12 years old or so when we adopted her back around the end of 1994, she naturally thought I was going to do the same and automatically hated my guts (All I had to do was make eye contact and she'd attack). Then when Tiger showed up and hardly ever left my side, she'd harass him as well since she associated him as being my cat.

I finally won her over, but it took about 10 years for her to warm up to me.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
In my experience, it’s more common to “tip” the ear, i.e. cat off a small portion of the top of the ear while the cat is under anesthesia. We’ve got two tipped cats in our house. They were trapped and thought to be feral, but turned out to be sweethearts.
Sounds like my house....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks