What's new

The Official HTF Cat Thread (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Stan: I thought of you when there was an article in my local paper this weekend on that very subject.

That's just it. The human/animal bond can be so strong that the hurt can be really tough when the physical manifestation of that bond is broken. But that's what's so great about animals. The emotional bond may weaken over time...but never totally.

You're not really playing God. You are just taking good care of an animal...just as you have during its entire lifetime.

Congratulations to you and your family for having such a great relationship with your cat. So sorry for your loss. Don't fight the tears...and be sure to celebrate the essence of why things were so good.
Thank you Mike. Good information, I'll check to see if we have something in this area.

For now, she's incredibly healthy even at 17. But the personality change is incredible. I'd go months without seeing her for the past ten years. Now she's with me all the time. Sleeps with me, if not in bed, she takes my favorite chair, just wants to be next to me all the time. The kind of cat I always wanted, but wow, it took a long time for her to get there.

I love cats and dogs, but they need to be friendly, nice to be around, they want you as much as you want them. She finally reached that point.

My black lab, no problem, follows me everywhere, never more than five feet away, but so adorable (except for the slobber :D and drool).

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I believe it. Getting a cat to bat your hands, I'm sure that's a thing for some cats. :)

Been teasing my cat recently. De-clawed (don't do it, big mistake, I was young and stupid), but she loves to play, I use a pen or pencil, sometimes a feather on a cat-toy and she's so fast. Drives my dog crazy that I'm having fun with the cat, but tough luck, we all share the house, get used to it. :D

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Been teasing my cat recently. De-clawed (don't do it, big mistake, I was young and stupid), but she loves to play, I use a pen or pencil, sometimes a feather on a cat-toy and she's so fast. Drives my dog crazy that I'm having fun with the cat, but tough luck, we all share the house, get used to it. :D
Have you tried a laser pointer, they have a blast with those. Also, feather toys on the end of a short pole.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Stan, it's so great to hear that your Siamese cat has come out of her shell after all these years. :thumbs-up-smiley:
Still would like to see a picture of her! :dancing-banana-04:
I almost wish she'd find her shell again. She's always with me, has to sit on me or at least next to me. Virtually invisible for ten years, now she comes out ;)

I thought it was one of those weird signs where animals know they're nearing the end of their lives and want companionship, but we're going on over a year now. I have no problem with it, absolutely wonderful, just strange.

Made the mistake of giving her fancy canned food, now she constantly whines if I don't give her the "good stuff" rather than her regular kitty kibble. She's old, so I break down and do it, but geez, it's like two bucks a day for that. I'm going to head to Costco and see what they've got. She loves their tuna, so maybe just stock up on that.

Not a cell/smart phone person, long standing hatred towards them, but I'll figure something out and get a photo of her :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll help!

8TG6gMz7c.png

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Domino is giving us scares with his flare ups, not sure if he's going to make it to Nevada next week. We have no A/C in our current home in SoCal, which has been making it really tough to pack and keep him cool after he got overheated last week. We had to place him on cooling pads (ice packs wrapped in towels), then take him upstairs to the master bedroom where we have a portable A/C hooked up. It's going to be a very expensive August with vet bills, electric bills, and moving costs...... At least the house we are moving into is paid off!
20621331_10213939511827590_8132295466693726770_n.jpg

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Domino is giving us scares with his flare ups, not sure if he's going to make it to Nevada next week. We have no A/C in our current home in SoCal, which has been making it really tough to pack and keep him cool after he got overheated last week. We had to place him on cooling pads (ice packs wrapped in towels), then take him upstairs to the master bedroom where we have a portable A/C hooked up. It's going to be a very expensive August with vet bills, electric bills, and moving costs...... At least the house we are moving into is paid off!
20621331_10213939511827590_8132295466693726770_n.jpg
Hope things turn out well. My cat is completely terrified being in the car. Vet is only about 1/2 mile from home, but it was not a good drive for her check-up earlier this year.

We've been at about 95-100 the past few weeks, luckily have a basement that's about 20 degrees cooler, so she's doing okay.

Domino is definitely a cutey, wish you the best.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Hope things turn out well. My cat is completely terrified being in the car. Vet is only about 1/2 mile from home, but it was not a good drive for her check-up earlier this year.

We've been at about 95-100 the past few weeks, luckily have a basement that's about 20 degrees cooler, so she's doing okay.

Domino is definitely a cutey, wish you the best.

Thanks!

Domi is at the vet today to get his chest drained under ultrasound and a recheck on his thyroid levels to prepare him to the long journey to Nevada this weekend. If nothing else, he seems to be taking traveling in the car inside his carrier much better than his "sister" who will be heavily sedated when we drive out on Sunday.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I hope my puppy Petey doesn't upset any of the cats who visit this thread on a regular basis, but he likes his naps, too!

full

It's nice to know dogs and cats can find common ground.
Good luck in the future. My cat and dog are best buddies, never had a problem. They sleep side by side, all cuddled up and comfy.

On the other hand, maybe it's just black labs, but I've nicknamed mine Goober, Slobber-Dog and a few other names.

100% house-broken, but she drools like a leaky faucet :lol:

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I hope my puppy Petey doesn't upset any of the cats who visit this thread on a regular basis, but he likes his naps, too!

full

It's nice to know dogs and cats can find common ground.

Wow, that little guy is too cute!

Simon met his first dog yesterday when I was walking him on his harness. It was May, my neighbor's golden retriever who visits my house for a dog biscuit nearly every day.

simon_15.png

may_01.png

And they got along just fine. So I think Ernest and Petey would be quite welcome here. Especially by May!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks