What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The official BLADE RUNNER SE thread. (Check out page 8 and #790.) (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like Van is going at his own pace. That's fine. I'd rather have a nice surround mix audio disc than something rushed out.
I have to chime in however and say I love the audio samples from the film that are present on the current soundtrack CD. The only part of the current CD that I do not like is the positioning of that One More Kiss Dear song in the middle. I always delete that track from playback.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
The last UK Empire (aug 2007 cover) has a 20 page feature on Blade Runner 25 years later with interviews by
Ridley Scott
David Peoples
Vangelis
Rutger Hauer
Charles de Lauzirika
Syd Mead
and of course Harrison Ford
best news is that Paul M. Sammon's Future Noir: The making of Blade Runner 2nd edition will be out later in 2007

Real Name
Anthony
Here's a summary of the info revealed about the DVD in the article:

The greenscreen shoot (correcting the Zhora shooting) was produced by De Lauzirika and directed by Richard R Hoover of Sony Pictures Imageworks.

It also reworked the scene in which Deckard examines the photograph that's supposed to show Joanna Cassidy's neck and head, but reveals that a stand-in was used for the actress here instead.

The technical solution involved a digital "cut and paste" method, whereby the lips, chin and/or full faces of Cassidy and other actors were replaced with newly shot footage of the same body parts. DeL says " (Cassidy) gave a great performance that day; it perfectly matched what she'd done 25 years earlier. (She's) in great shape and looks exactly like she did (25 years ago). All of Joanna's footage is looking good. But if it doesn't look good, it doesn't go in. That's the caveat for the greenscreen stuff. The tweaks we're doing have to be absolutely seamless."

More than 70 interviews have been conducted and several different audio commentaries have been recorded.

The new version will contain a large number of differences that set it firmly apart from the DC.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
oscar.. I just got the making of the blade runner book.. it has the 25th anniversary on it. I got it from amazon.com
Jacob

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
its the first one. the words that are left of harrison ford under the title. the picture of harrison holding the gun.. instead of the words it has a yellow circle and says "25th Anniversary of Blade Runner".
Jacob

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
TheBat said:
oscar.. I just got the making of the blade runner book.. it has the 25th anniversary on it. I got it from amazon.com
Jacob
Cheers
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
A new logo on the cover does not mean the book is the revised edition, it only means that when they ran the last batch they were aware it was the film's 25th anniversary and added a logo to that effect.

Antony James

Stunt Coordinator
Anthony Neilson said:
It also reworked the scene in which Deckard examines the photograph that's supposed to show Joanna Cassidy's neck and head, but reveals that a stand-in was used for the actress here instead.
Wow, I didn't even notice that. Just went back and had a look at the trailer, and lo and behold...Zhora with Joanna's face in the photograph. Can't believe I missed that.
I guess it's a good sign for how well integrated and subtle some of the fixes will be.
I'm just so stoked that after all these years, we're so close now.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Anthony Neilson said:
The interview with Harrison Ford in EMPIRE is conducted by Paul M. Sammon, so no doubt that will be included in the new edition of FUTURE NOIR.
He also interviewed Ridley Scott & Charles de Lauzirika.
Perhaps there is more in the new edition

Ingels

Agent
Real Name
Nicklas Ingels
Anthony Neilson said:
The interview with Harrison Ford in EMPIRE is conducted by Paul M. Sammon, so no doubt that will be included in the new edition of FUTURE NOIR.
So.. He can talk about Blade Runnner.... I thought he was a mute ;)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
it's Comic Con time soon with lots of BR tidbits
Thursday
11:00-12:00 DVD Sneak Peak 2007
Bill Hunt and Todd Doogan of The Digital Bits.com along with DVD producers Charles de Lauzirika (Blade Runner: The Final Cut; Twin Peaks: The Complete Series), Robert Meyer Burnett (Shoot 'Em Up, Valkyrie), and Javier Soto (Hellboy 2), offer exclusive sneak peeks of great upcoming DVD and high-def special editions in the works for release later this year. Exclusive footage from Blade Runner and Twin Peaks will be shown. Q&A will follow if time permits. Room 5AB
Friday
3:15-4:45 Warner Bros. Home Video: 300 and Blade Runner Final Cut
First up, 300 creator Frank Miller, director Zack Snyder, stars including Lena Headey and David Wenham, producers Mark Canton and Gianni Nunnari, and other special guests are on hand to discuss the groundbreaking film and its highly anticipated July 31 DVD release. Be the first to see a clip not included in the theatrical release!
Then it's the 25th Anniversary Blade Runner "Final Cut." Director Ridley Scott (Alien, Gladiator, Hannibal) has created a new, definitive version of this landmark film, with scenes and special effects that have never been shown before. Catch this first preview of the new version by the legendary director of the final, authoritative. and best presentation of one of the most acclaimed science fiction films of the 20th century. This presentation will feature unseen clips from the new cut as well as a look behind the scenes that will be featured on the upcoming DVD box set. The panel includes Ridley Scott, Sean Young, Joanna Cassidy, Joe Turkel, James Hong, Syd Mead (designer/futurist), Mark Stetson (FX), and DVD producer Charlie De Lauzirika. Hall H

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
This is going to be one fantastic DVD set! :) I just hope the DD 5.1 soundtracks for all versions of Blade Runner on the various disks are at a 448k bit-rate for max sound quality. Has anyone heard anything about this?
Also, did they do a new 4k res scan of the master film print in preparation for this new ultimate Blade Runner DVD set (including the transfer used in the Director's cut only release available a few months ago)?

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
This is going to be one fantastic DVD set! I just hope the DD 5.1 soundtracks for all versions of Blade Runner on the various disks are at a 448k bit-rate for max sound quality. Has anyone heard anything about this?
Lee, I have to play evangelist for a moment. ;)
If you feel this strongly about audio bit-rate, why not go LOSSLESS? Time to upgrade to HD my friend. You won't be sorry...

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
Well, eventually lossless will be nice to have, but for now let's get the best sounding DD 5.1 soundtrack possible on DVD. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks