What's new

The official BLADE RUNNER SE thread. (Check out page 8 and #790.) (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
It looks legit, and the original theatrical poster has earned its place in history as "THE" poster of Blade Runner. It is fitting that it graces the 4 disc edition.
Regarding the 2-disc edition, I am opposed to using rough drafts of paintings as if they were finished pieces. But, at least it makes it clear that it is a different product.
I am a bit surprised that the year 2000 revision of the theatrical poster was not used for at least one of them.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I don't really see the need for three versions of this release (all it'll do is inflate the costs of the 4 and 5 disc versions), but I'm thrilled enough that it's coming out.

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
Those covers look fine enough.

Nice to see the Drew Struzan artwork.

Just wondering, if there's a cinema release, I hope they use the Struzan artwork, I've always wanted a Struzan Blade Runner poster.

Is that artwork currently available as a poster?

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I like the covers too.. but I want the 5 disc set. I want to see the famous "workprint edition".
Jacob

Juan C

Second Unit
Whole details here:
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=65404
In a nutshell:
1. Special Edition DVD
$20.97
2 discs
Disc 1
Final Cut
Disc 2
Documentary Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner
2. Collector's Edition DVD
$34.99
4 discs
Discs 1 and 2 like SE
Disc 3
1982 Theatrical Version
1982 International Version
1992 Director's Cut
Disc 4, “Enhancement Archive”
Featurette The Electric Dreamer: Remembering Philip K. Dick
Featurette Sacrificial Sheep: The Novel vs. The Film
Philip K. Dick: The Blade Runner Interviews (Audio)
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep Cover Gallery (Images)
The Art of Blade Runner (Image Galleries)
Featurette Signs of the Times: Graphic Design
Featurette Fashion Forward: Wardrobe & Styling
Screen Tests: Rachel & Pris
Featurette The Light That Burns: Remembering Jordan Cronenweth
Unit Photography Gallery
Deleted & Alternate Scenes
1982 Promotional Featurettes
Trailers & TV Spots
Featurette Promoting Dystopia: Rendering the Poster Art
Marketing & Merchandise Gallery (Images)
Featurette Deck-A-Rep: The True Nature of Rick Deckard
Featurette Nexus Generation: Fans & Filmmakers
3. Ultimate Collector's Edition DVD
$78.92
5 discs
Deckard Briefcase
Discs 1 through 4 like CE
Disc 5
Workprint Version
Featurette All Our Variant Futures: From Workprint to Final Cut
Packaging:
The UCE will be presented in a unique 5-disc digi-package with handle which is a stylish version of Rick Deckard's own briefcase.
Each briefcase will be individually numbered and in limited supply. Included is a lenticular motion film clip from the original feature, miniature origami unicorn figurine, miniature replica spinner car, collector's photographs as well as a signed personal letter from Sir Ridley Scott.
Plus…
B1. Collector's Edition Blu-ray
$TBA
4 discs
B2. Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray
$TBA
5 discs
Briefcase
H1. Collector's Edition HD DVD
$TBA
4 discs
H2. Ultimate Collector's Edition HD DVD
$TBA
5 discs
Briefcase

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn DelRossi
I wonder exactly how limited the 5-Disc Set will be, because I don't want to get screwed out of enjoying that workprint. Guess I will have to order it the first day its available online.

alexAN

Stunt Coordinator
And the dvdtimes article says...

"Commentary by Ridley Scott

Commentary by Executive Producer/ Co-Screenwriter Hampton Fancher and Co-Screenwriter David Peoples; Producer Michael Deely and production executive Katherine Haber

Commentaries by visual futurist Syd Mead; production designer Lawrence G. Paull, art director David L. Snyder and special photographic effects supervisors Douglas Trumbull, Richard Yuricich and David Dryer"

"Commentary by Paul M. Sammon, author of Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner"

Oh man... no news about subtitles on commentaries? Please Warners, at least this time only... PUT SOME SUBTITLES!!!!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
That's too bad that the workprint is only avail. in that silly briefcase package.
I wish all these L.E. releases were exclusive to non-film extras only. I know there are lots of people out there who like to collect movie memorabilia, figures, statues, etc. I love the stuff Warner does with releases like Rio Bravo with vintage reprod. Dell paperbacks and lobby cards, etc. But I'm just not one to go for the fanboy stuff like oversized briefcase packaging and toy cars and models. I'm interested in film-related extras. Maybe I can convince someone to trade for a copy of the workprint disc instead of paying for that monstrous set...

Kris Z.

Stunt Coordinator
So no trinketless 5-disc-version. Well, I guess I'll just buy the standard collector's edition then.

For those who have seen the workprint version, is it a completed version of the film, just a different edit, or is there stuff like missing special effects or dialogue and such? I guess what I want to know is, how much of a legitimate way to watch the film, or how much of a work in progress, is it?

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Well, whichever version any of us gets, it sure looks like it'll have been worth the wait! Kudos to Warners and to Charlie for pulling out all the stops on this release.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Please WB,
give us the *definitive* version on HD DVD and BD... don't make us buy the DVD set to get the workprint!
And LOSSLESS AUDIO... oh please.
:)
p.s. I am *so* going to see this in the theater if possible. I remember seeing the 1992 DC in the arthouse in Phily. It was magical.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I can't wait for this one.... If the super dubber special edition comes in the hd format.. I will be upgrading to one of the hd disks sooner then later....

Can't wait!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I might just buy the 4-Disc C.E. and pick up the briefcase set, pull the workprint out and resell it.
Slightly annoyed at being put through the ringer to get this. It's certainly not worth the extra $40+ price tag and while I'm sure the hardcore fans are probably really excited about the packaging and physical extras, you'd have to pay me to sacrifice shelf space with that.
I really wish that studios would save their limited editions for physical extras only. All film-related content and discs should be available to everyone to own and not exclusive to overpriced and overstuffed releases as "bait" for shelling out cash on products you probably otherwise wouldn't consider...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks