What's new

The official BLADE RUNNER SE thread. (Check out page 8 and #790.) (2 Viewers)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Charlie,
Want to know how much I love the Blade Runner set?
I've bought both the 5-disc SD briefcase and the 5-disc Blu-Ray even though I don't own a Blu-Ray player or HDTV!
I did the same thing with DVD when I bought Saving Private Ryan months before I bought a DVD player.
I figure Charlie is working on something kick ass. Perhaps a 4/5-disc 30th anniversary edition of Alien? :)

mike kaminski

Second Unit
Real Name
mike kaminski
Yeah, I don't have a Blu-Ray player, and I can't realistically see me owning one for at least another three years or so, but nonetheless I have the 5-disk BR blu-ray! It's honestly hard to turn down the most exhaustive treatment of a single motion picture ever when its in high-def and selling for less than the price of a spindle of DVD-R's.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
ZacharyTait said:
I've bought both the 5-disc SD briefcase and the 5-disc Blu-Ray even though I don't own a Blu-Ray player or HDTV!
Similar: I bought the SD briefcase, then several weeks later when Toshiba cried uncle, I decided to get a PS3, ordered the BD BR, and had it in hand even before the PS3. And therefore it was the first BD to get played.
I must say, on SD the Hades shot is already amazing, but on BD it is literally jaw-dropping.
And once again, thanks Charlie! :emoji_thumbsup:

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
Ronald Epstein said:
Ron,
IIRC, the only things I've ever posted about Charlie is a fact and an opinion.
The fact is that Charlie has left us hanging from January. He is the one that posted that he would have more to say later. Back then, I suggested to the group that we give Charlie some time. Little did I know we would be waltzing into May with not one word.
All he had to do was take two minutes to say that nothing is forthcoming and he can't talk about it. He didn't give us that courtesy.
Where I come from courtesy works both ways.
My opinion is my opinion. As this is a private forum, if you want to shoot the messenger, that's your right.

mike kaminski

Second Unit
Real Name
mike kaminski
Rich, I don't think its fair to say he "left us hanging." He said he can't say some stuff. And he still can't, I guess. We might never learn what the inside deal is, that's just the way it goes sometimes.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Rich,
Charlie doesn't have to say anything to anyone.
To continue saying that he left everyone "hanging" is incorrect.
You have stated your opinion more than once on this matter. You
have received an official response. I am going to insist that from
this point forward that you please refrain from pushing the issue
of not getting the answers you are seeking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks