What's new

The official BLADE RUNNER SE thread. (Check out page 8 and #790.) (1 Viewer)

Ingels

Agent
Real Name
Nicklas Ingels
Hi everyone (It's my first post here..)

Im sad to say that I think that it will take ages until we could see this "Special Edition" and if the reason to the problems spells Perenchio then it could even take more time.

If Mr. Perenchio and Sir Scott are enemies then things could turn real ugly (Remember that Scott lost Blade Runner and got sacked once during production..) and Mr. Perenchio is in no way in some sort of financial trouble and are after more money, that's for sure. I think that this long lost "Special Edition" is turning out to be a bad sequel to "Grumpy old men" and I would really like to know why Perenchio still klings on to the Blade Runner original films (My guess is that many of the people making & financing Blade Runner has turned into enemies) and that things has grown out of their proportions.

A movie like Blade Runner should be released with all the bells and whistles that a DVD can hold, the current "Dir. Cut" DVD is really quite sad (Even thou it was a early released DVD) and it lacks both a good audiotrack (Dolby Digital Stereo) and a clean and crisp picture quality.

I think that people involved (Whom ever they might be) by now oughta understand and see what an great futuristic vision Blade Runner really is, swallow their pride and give us AND themselves a final DVD worthy the movie "Blade Runner"..

Heinz W

Second Unit
It's very disheartening that nearly two years after I started this thread we are no closer to this set than we were then. Perhaps this year will finally see a break in this most unfortunate stalemate.
I'm certainly not holding my breath though, that's for sure.
Nicklas, welcome to the HTF. :)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Well then goddamit Warner's just remaster the damn thing and re-release it in 16:9 with 5.1 and a trailer and tack on the BBC documentary to justify the SE on the packaging....

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I think we should just write off the "super-duper" SE for now. Warner should just re-do the current version.

Heinz W

Second Unit
Dave H, I'd even settle for that as interim solution. New transfer please Warners.

We should bring this up at the Warners chat coming up.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Dave H & Heinz W,
that's pretty much what I was suggesting, remaster either the 1992 director's cut or the new director's cut and throw in enough tidbit's for an "SE" and later on down the road when certain stubborn parties have..."joined the choir"...then attempt to release the Super Special Edition.
I wouldn't know, I'm only visiting
Oh, well ok....I guess the tag on your sig that says "somewhere in london, Eng" must have confused me as to your location and region. :p) :crazy:

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
I second that. I think with Twin Peaks Season 2, Artisan didn't do the video transfers yet, so it was easy to walk away from completing the Second Season release. I only hope that Warner has put too much money into this SE to back out of the release just yet.

Real Name
Anthony
With respect, Kevin M, I've been suggesting this idea of an interim edition for months now (see earlier in the thread). I've even set up a petition on the Studio Feedback forum, fantasising that - on the next Warners chat - we might be able to present hundreds of names in support. Might have got them to release an interim version, might have just reminded them to keep pushing for the S.E.- who knows ?

The amount of signatures on the petition so far ? About 15.

And that's after 200 plus views.

We've got a month or so left. I'm saying no more.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
With respect, Kevin M, I've been suggesting this idea of an interim edition for months now (see earlier in the thread).
I'm aware of that Anthony, but then again you aren't the first person to request this in the intervening years either...anyway I didn't think I was a vanguard or anything I just wanted to restate my own desire with some silliness thrown in for good measure.

Real Name
Anthony
No problem, Kevin. It was 5 % ego and 95 % annoyance that the petition hadn't had many signatures. I truly don't give a damn who brings it up.
I just think there's a real possibility that this S.E may not happen before another format is so imminent that it's no longer worth producing for DVD.
Better a remastered DC with a commentary than nothing, right ? So I urge all Blade Runner fans and their friends and families to sign the petition. It'd be great to have a sizeable list to present at the chat.
Anyone with ties to the BR sites ? Maybe they could link to us here. We need to co-ordinate, keep up the pressure.
If anyone'll listen to us, Warners will.
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
Just signed the petition.

I had never been a big fan of this movie. Saw it once in high school and was bored to death. Saw it again a few years later with the same reaction.

I rented it last week. Eight years have gone by since I last saw it, and I was completely blown away! I'm going to have to get what is out there now, but will upgrade to any versions that come out at a later date.

I can't believe it took me so long to appreciate this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks