What's new

The Lost Weekend (how does it look?) (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Universal's transfer is pretty old and I'm just wondering how the DVD looks?

It's been a couple of years since I've seen the film (which is appropriate I'd say for this movie) but I would really like to pick up the DVD. I'm much prefer to see it receive a better package though, a commentary track would be wonderful.

What do you guys think of the presentation of this disc? Recommended?

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Well.... it's better than nothing. The film certainly merits a full restoration, but till then... well, a great film is a great film. It's by no means unwatchable, but it's certainly nowhere near pristine.

Sean A

Stunt Coordinator
I'm still holding out for universal to do a Billy Wilder box set, of his 40s films. I'd get it even if it included 'Double Indemnity", which I already have

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ Yes, it is very good. (No DVD though, I was surprised by that, just checked my steel copy and thought it had one.)

BTW bestmediagroup is Eureka's UK amazon storefront, JIC anybody wonders about selecting that vendor. Once they are out, expect a quick 50% price increase, and shortly after that ~100% more...if the past is any indicator.

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
You know Tony, that if they do, it still won't be available in Canada
I've never had a problem with getting Universal titles in Canada, insofar as physical disc media. I believe the only problem for me would be if they were to issue an HD Digital only version of THE LOST WEEKEND. In that case, I'd be SOL!

That said, I fail to understand why Universal won't even issue an HD Digital version for the U.S? It's not like they'd have to press any Discs, and they already have an existing HD template for THE LOST WEEKEND, for pity sakes! To halfa** it with an SD only Digital issue as they've done just makes no bloody sense, in this case!

Just stating my opinion regarding this!

CHEERS! :)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Does anyone know what happened to last year’s slated release of the Kino Lorber BD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks