What's new

The latest on Conan, Leno and NBC (2 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. I don't think it's going to take Jay long to get back up-to-speed in terms of letting America know his "Tonight Show" is back in place @ 11:30. Those people who are the potential audience will certainly know what's going on.

Imagine how ubiquitous those spots are going to be during the Winter Olympics coverage...

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I think a better ad would've been Conan sitting there saying something like "I've got plenty of free time now" or "I certainly didn't have anything else to do".

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I forget where I read it, but the best line so far is:

Conan coming back from the kitchen: (to Jay) Hey, I was sitting there!

Diallo B

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Brent M

which is just further proof that all of the jibberish that many of us have been going back and forth with was much ado about nothing.

all of us are taking sides on a race for which we have no dogs. leno, letterman and conan are making their money and we are just pawns of their chess match. just look at how many of us pawns are jaw jacking about how could leno and letterman possibly share the same room let alone share a couch.

gtfo. it is just jokes folks.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Diallo B

which is just further proof that all of the jibberish that many of us have been going back and forth with was much ado about nothing.

all of us are taking sides on a race for which we have no dogs. leno, letterman and conan are making their money and we are just pawns of their chess match. just look at how many of us pawns are jaw jacking about how could leno and letterman possibly share the same room let alone share a couch.

gtfo. it is just jokes folks.
Thanks for telling us all how to think. No matter what happens or has happened it doesn't change my opinion that Conan got screwed over by NBC and Leno stabbed him in the back.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Diallo B

all of us are taking sides on a race for which we have no dogs.  leno, letterman and conan are making their money and we are just pawns of their chess match.  just look at how many of us pawns are jaw jacking about how could leno and letterman possibly share the same room let alone share a couch.

gtfo.  it is just jokes folks.
Wait now... is it just jokes or are we all pawns? A very confusing post indeed. And I fail to see how this commercial constitutes proof of anything much less a devious chess match of which we are all the pawns. It's like you wrote the first part with a tinfoil hat on, took it off to go to the bathroom, forgot to put it back on, then wrote the last line and clicked submit.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Several of the recent posts are proof positive that comedy writing is a talent that few have.

I thought the commercial was laugh out loud funny and was not really surprised that Leno would agree to it considering the history. What I find interesting to think about is, would Letterman do a promo piece for The Tonight Show? Considering is personality, I doubt it.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Patrick_S

I thought the commercial was laugh out loud funny and was not really surprised that Leno would agree to it considering the history. What I find interesting to think about is, would Letterman do a promo piece for The Tonight Show? Considering is personality, I doubt it.
Considering what passes for humor around the Leno show, I doubt they would have crafted anything funny or clever enough to pique Dave's interests. So this is clearly a hypothetical based on an impossible scenario.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo /forum/thread/296775/the-latest-on-conan-leno-and-nbc/510#post_3658998

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I didn't understand that SuperBowl commercial. The "humor" was lost on me. And I didn't understand why Leno was shilling for Letterman (or vice versa); much less what Oprah had to do with any of it. I guess it was effective for some, but I thought it among the worst ads of the night.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by DaveF

But I guess I could see where that spot could be considered an inside joke only funny to those who were following the whole late night issue closely.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Even for those who have been following the situation like myself, I can't say I found it "funny" at all. It was more strange than anything IMHO, but I suppose it worked on the level of shock value to get people talking.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Brent M

...I suppose it worked on the level of shock value to get people talking.
Yeah, it really doesn't matter if someone finds it the funniest or the least funny commercial ever made because it ended up being the most talked about commercial on the biggest night for commercials.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Quote:Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo /forum/thread/296775/the-latest-on-conan-leno-and-nbc/510#post_3659075

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks