What's new

The Hulk is here on DVD! (1 Viewer)

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
One time I did it, I was watching a movie in French (can't recall the title, sorry). When the credits rolled, I noticed that a totally different video track was used: the credits were all in French! (In the English language track, the credits were of course in English.)
I noticed this in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I'll have to check when I get home.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I have heard that the region 4 of hulk has no forced trailers.

JACOB

Basi Nanda

Stunt Coordinator
And when you all say forced trailers, are they really forced?
As far as the Hulk disc is concerned, they are forced. The evil beings who produced this disc have disabled the menu button, the stop button, the chapter skip button and the title selection from the DVD menu. Luckily for us they forgot to disable the FF button and hence we can FF the trailers and get to the horrible agonizingly slow moving animated menus. I am sure they will correct this oversight in future releases.

It is an excruciating exercise in patience and self restraint to watch DVDs like these.

Basi Nanda

Stunt Coordinator
You found a few seconds of fast-fowarding and animated menus "excruciating?" C'mon, now, isn't that a bit much?
Try switching the subs on/off in the middle of the movie. At some parts I dont understand the sci-fi mumbo jumbo they talk I like to switch on the subtitles and turn off later.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
You guys are correct.

My Sony lets me do alot my G/Fs Toshiba doesnt-stop interactive menus and bypass warnings,but I cannot change the soundtrack once the DVD is started with this disc.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I've got a cheapo-brand player that ignores the audio button lockouts and lets you change the soundtrack on any disc. It still locks out the other buttons though.
It can skip over forced trailers too with the "Title Intro" feature, but I still like my Pioneer player best and it can't do that, and why should I have to put up with that in the first place?

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Can anyone tell me why there is no R1 box set?

I know there was a thread of this on here, but I can't find it.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Watched this last night. Sure was pretty. That scene with the tanks and the sunlight looks so amazing. Especially when he has his little club.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
I watched this today. The movie was good. The forced trailers were not.

To add insult to injury, at the end of the film, there's a "CP" (copy protection?) logo followed by a screen advertising "Macrovision quality protected".

MacroVision works by polluting the analog output signal, in the hopes that TVs won't be affected, and that VCRs will be screwed. That's a strange definition of quality protection.

Mat_M

Stunt Coordinator
Question about the Hulk DVD.

I tried searching the other Hulk threads but haven't found an explanation for this yet (maybe I'm just crazy:D).

Either in the theater or in the trailer(s), I distinctly remember Bruce Banner saying "Talbot!! You're making me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!" in the scene where Talbot comes to Banner's house. It's the scene where Talbot is choking Banner on the floor, and the camera is looking down at Banner's face.

Now, on the DVD, Banner only says "Talbot!! You're making me angry!" I downloaded the trailer and Banner does in fact say this along with the "you wouldn't like me when I'm angry". Can anyone verify that this was the same or different in the theater?

Thanks

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I remember it in the trailers too, but I don't remember if it was that way in the theaters. I would imagine there wouldn't be any reason to change it from theater to DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks