What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Hulk is here on DVD! (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I got the hulk dvd this morning. I like the dvd very much.. both the sound and picture are just awesome.. the picture was just beautiful.

some people might use the sound as a demo on the dvds. I had heard about the forced trailers..its bad.. but not bad like everyone else said it was.

I had seen the scifi channel special this past summer, and alot of the extras were extended from that.

I could see why they cut some of the scenes out of the movie. the first deleted scene and the scene with the mayer.. probably should of stayed in the movie.. the first scene help make banner more lively.

the hulk cam: if you click on it and then play the movie.. you can then forward to the chapters of where the cam is used. you don;t need to watch the movie to get to the scenes. its starts with the lab accident.

now I can watch hulk in my own home without crying babies and talking children when I saw the movie in the theatre.
JACOB

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I picked it up earlier today.
I hate the forced trailers thing.

I'll be able to find time to watch it on Thursday probably. :)

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't have an insert in my copy. Were they all like that? I just had a mastercard application and a video game coupon.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I'm surprised nobody has been talking or anticipating this release, while I don't think it was on par with X2 in comic book adaptations it was leaps and bounds ahead of that major misfire - Daredevil. I'll be getting the DVD very soon and it is nice to hear the release is top notch.

Were no screener's sent out to review sites?

NickFoley

Stunt Coordinator
It's been reported that Universal doesnt like to send out screeners to certain DVD sites anymore. DVDFile will is owned by Universal or a partner of some sort gets them easily.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
I'm surprised nobody has been talking or anticipating this release
I think a lot of people, like me, thought the movie was horrible and aren't looking forward to the DVD. I personally expected better from Ang Lee, but that's just my opinion and in no way do I want to stop others from enjoying this movie. I am interested to see if the DVD can redeem the film. Other DVDs have been able to do this.

Rob T

Screenwriter
What about the Universal reviews that are posted here? 2 Fast 2 Furious, Law & Order etc. ?
I didn't read those, but maybe they weren't screeners.
If they were then I donno, but generally, Universal does not send out screeners.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The HTF reviewers do indeed receive Universal screeners.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
It so happened that I rented both the Hulk and 2 Fast 2 Furious tonight (both Universal pictures). The forced trailers are BAD. This happens on both movies. I think there was already a thread on this subject, so I won't beat that dead horse- although I'd reallllly like to.:thumbsdown:

On topic: I saw this in the theater and loved it. I was very happy when I gave this disc a spin. I agree with Keith on the sound: the DD5.1 really rocks!

David Galindo

Screenwriter
After purchasing the Indiana Jones set and the Looney Tunes Golden Collection, my wallet is very empty right now. :frowning:

Havent seen the movie yet anyway...

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Decent set, though if I were looking to buy (we just watched my brother's tonight), I'd head to YesAsia.com and buy the Region 3 DTS version. The soundtrack has its pros and cons. The LFE is incredible, and even had the neighbors out on their back porch trying to figure out what was going on....not overbearing or drawing attention to itself, but at the same time literally shaking the floor and all the furniture in the room. There wasn't a lot of ambience though, which I missed.

Picture seemed good, but on a 27" Sony in anamorphic squeeze mode, it's hard to tell the difference between a good transfer and a great transfer......didn't notice anything jarring such as excessive EE or other flaws that WOULD be noticeable on a smaller screen.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
The movie was horrible. I expected better from Ang Lee
I like the movie, but he has spoken so I guess I can't buy the DVD!

I hate when people, who hate the movie, come to this post and actually post? Why? It makes no sense, this isn't the review thread.

I'll be picking this up tomorrow.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

You aren't missing anything. I saw this movie, with a friend, at a drive-in. It was playing as a double feature with "BRUCE ALMIGHTY". I didn't see anyone leave while "B.A" was playing. The same couldn't be said about "THE HULK". There must have been more than half a dozen cars that started up and left within an hour of the movie starting.

The action scenes -what few there were- were the only redeeming feature. The rest of the movie was turgid. Ang Lee was a bad choice for directing a superhero movie.

Kami

Screenwriter
Very nice transfer, decent sound track, haven't checked out the extras yet.

Oh, and three forced trailers? I could not believe it. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
The forced trailers indeed suck -- it's going to be a LONG while before I buy anymore Universal product, that's for sure -- and, in keeping with Universal's retarded DVD Extras, there are two ads for "Sunny D" (formerly "Sunny Delight") listed in the "Bonus Features" on the first disc. This is even worse than the infamous "Pitch Black Rave Party" and is, in my view, the worst bonus feature ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks