What's new

The Home Theater Forum Football League (1 Viewer)

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Questions about the broadband.

Would I need to pay my cable company extra to have another modem or something installed?

I'm on Cox cable internet with a Toshiba modem that only has one output that runs to my computer. Would I need to get a new modem that has two outputs?

I guess what I'm saying is that even if I had an X-Box already, I still have no idea on how this would work and if any extra costs would be involved. Or are we all up in the air at the moment.

I am usualy up on this videogame stuff, but after Sega folded up their Dreamcast tents, I grew very jaded and pissed off with gaming consoles and did not even bother getting a new system until a few days ago when I picked up a Gamecube for $100 so I could play ALLSTAR BASEBALL 2003.

When in the hell are Nintendo going online?

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Brian,
Routers are your friends. :)
You don't need another modem, just a router and some CAT-5 cable.
(looks like my subliminal message is working) ;)
-Dean-

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
Looks like we're switching to nfl 2k3 for this. Fever is getting mediocre reviews and 2k3 also supports xbox live.

Xbox live won't be up until sometime in november so for those that can we'll probably try to use the tunneling software for gamespy.

Any questions just post em here.. There are still quite a few teams available.

Mike

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
After reading the reviews for Fever 2003, I will not be spending my money on it. I didn't really care for the arcade feel of the game. If we are going to switch to 2K3 I will still be in the league.

-Dean-

ChristopherS

Second Unit
I have read posts at Operation Sports confirming that NFL Fever works with XBCONNECT. I am hoping this holds true for NFL 2k3. After reading hands on impressions at the same site I am definitely going to wait for NFL 2k3.

Chris

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Yes we are switching to NFL2k3. Which is also the game most people wanted in the first place. No word if 2k3 will work with the tunneling software that is out there at this time, guess we will have to see next week!

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
I bought fever last night and I've played 2 games so far as well as completing all of the training camp. The training camp was pretty cool except for the tackling training. Which just felt like it took too long. I'm pretty dissapointed with the game as it sits. I was hoping it would be better. The animations are kind of clumsy looking, and you can't skip the animations for people going back to the huddle and show boating. Which I found just prolonged the game, and annoyed me. The stats were very unrealistic so far. But I"ll play with the settings to see if its any better.

Mike

BorisM

Stunt Coordinator
Email sent out. I want the Giants. This is a great idea.

Seeing as this is the HOME THEATER forum and not just some random forum, I think it would be interesting if each of us posted our video game home theater equipment on the league site.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I'm up for an NFL 2K3 league. Hope to pick it up tonight. My first choice for a team is the Steelers (die hard fan) but I imagine they might already be gone. Where can I get a list of the available teams???

GaryP

Second Unit
Dean,
Who am I to scoff in the face of tradition.
Kind of off topic, but are you up for some SOCOM as well?

Gary

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Oh well, I see the Patriots are gone...
But..I signed up for the Bills (hey, I think Bledsoe is okay)

So are we going with NFL2K3??

BTW, how is the gamespy software?
I'm thinking of trying it out - especially if I don't get beta selected....

Calvin

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
I just sent an email, requested the mighty Detroit Lions. Hope to pick up 2k3 this weekend.

So is it official that 2k3 does not support system link? Halo online worked pretty well, would like to try 2k3 out before november.

Jeff

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
So is this game gonna let us do a "fantasy draft" or are we going with the default rosters? Either way I say we definitely go with NFL 2K3.

On another note, can anyone post a link with the recommended way to hook up the XBox to a PC for a cable connection?

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Kind of off topic, but are you up for some SOCOM as well?
Gary,

I would like to pick it up. I am torn between this and Buffy. I think i might hold off on Buffy and get SOCOM if I can use my USB ethernet adapter. According to EB's site, it will be compatible with the USB adapter. I don't really want to buy the Network adapter for one game.

-Dean-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks