What's new

The Home Theater Forum Football League (1 Viewer)

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
I'd like to propose the formation of the HTFFL for the 2003 season are there enough X-Box Users here that are interested in starting a league via X-Box live? I'd like to get a LEAST 8 of us, PREFERABLY 10 or 16. I will start a website with team pages, stats, records, etc.

Let me know!

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
I believe that Fever is the only game for SURE that will be on X-Box live this fall, I dont know what Segas plans are, I would PREFER Fever (Well ULTIMATELY Madden) but it will all come down to the franchise modes that each offers, i think that fevers will be more akin to running a franchise online, details will be worked out as we get closer (Less than 3 months to go though!)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I believe all of SEGA's 2K3 series will be online with the X-box. I prefer the 2K series, but count me in for Fever.

-Dean-

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I would love to, but I won't be getting broadband until February at the earliest.:frowning: :thumbsdown:

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I'm down with the Fever! Although if you decide on 2K3, I'll play that, too, even though I suck at it. (Maybe I shouldn't have admitted that?) :)
Great idea!

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Count me in. Next year is going to be an incredible with all the online games expected. It's going to be a great year for Microsoft.

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Wow, 7 already with a possible yes on NFL 2K3.
I will put up a rudimentary league page soon (Soon as in today) so we can develop a way to pick teams, decide on doing a fantasy draft (In the event that a network franchise is supported) etc.
Kelley-
My issue with NFL2K3 (Aside from hating the 2K2 version) is that their franchise mode is HORRIBLE and has been static since the game began, it's an often overlooked portion of their series, and I USED to prefer the VC gameplay to EA Sports. The Madden Franchise just wins me over though, plus the AI in madden is incredible. If i know Microsoft though, they are going to go ALL OUT with their franchise and will most likely have a way to run a franchise via the network. If I get 2K3 and the Franchise mode is robust and there is the ability to run one online, then that's great. The other thing is that Fever 2k3 has the ability to talk smack to each other via the microphone, I think that sounds like a LOT of fun, and in the event that NEITHER game has the ability to keep track of stats then when we are writing them down, it will make the time pass faster :)

Stacey_V

Stunt Coordinator
I have absolutely no idea what all of this entails...having said that, count me in! :D
Keep me posted on what is required as we get closer to launch.
Regards,
Stacey

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
Count me in. I mostly lurk in these forums but I read them daily. I'll play whichever version the majority decides on. If noone minds I'd like to call the dolphins though.

Mike

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Graeme-
Nothing is NEEDED, but it would be a LOT easier for this:
Custom amount of teams
Custom draft
Stat tracking
Injury tracking
If worse comes to worst I will manually have people tabulate stats from games which I will then rudimentally add up and place them on the website. Teams will be assigned on a first come first serve basis, if there is enough interest in the entire league (I will put up a link on AVSFORUM and Hometheaterspot.com) then we can do 2 leagues, 12 teams in each league which will have interdivision play and then play for a Home Theater Bowl :) (Perhaps I can garner some kind of prize)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks