What's new

*** Offical Home Theater Forum Football League Season 1 - NFL 2k3 Xbox Live (1 Viewer)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Here is what you online pigskin junkies have been waiting for! A chance to show the rest of the HTF that you are the true gridiron god! Here are some of the rules:
-Standard online settings, 5 minute quarters, Pro, etc...
-Can either be a ranked game or unranked game
-It is up to the two teams to decide a time of play for that’s week game.
-We will use the 2003 NFL Schedule with minor changes.
-The full season will be posted onto the website when the teams are locked in.
-The week will run on a Wed. to Wed. time frame. All scores for the previous week are due by Wednesday 8:00am CST. With knowing your schedule ahead of time there is no reason why this can't be done.
-If a team drops out, that means that when you are to play them you get an automatic win, unless someone else comes in and picks up the team.
-Team selection, send me your top three teams that you would like to play as. I will go down the line and you will get the first open team that is avaliable.
-We will just be keeping track of scores this season.
-At the end of the season the top three teams from each division will be entered into the playoffs, the number 1 teams will get first week byes.
-To join the league I must recieve from you in an email the top three teams you'd like to be, your email address, and your Xbox Live gamertag to this address: [email protected]
-Deadline to get me your information is this Wednesday by 8:00am CST because on Wednesday the team list goes up onto the website along with the schedule!
-The website for the league is Link Removed take a look as you can see how the listings will kinda be done, but that will all be improved on as time goes by.
-The winner of the HTFFL 2k3 SuperBowl will get something special.
Now none of these rules are set into stone yet and are open to discussion so offer up your ideas and lets create a league that actually works. Now let’s play some ball, NFL 2k3 Xbox Live Style!
Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing your suggestions, Kelley_B

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Remember this is the offical league, the winner will get something special to show that they are the grand champ of the league.

This is gonna be something really neat and we want as many HTF'ers involved as possible.

And if you get stuck with say Cincinatti....don't cry I got spanked by someone who used Cincinatti last night(I can't believe I just admitted that :b )

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Is it possible that we could try to combine the two NFL leagues that we are seeing here on the site. We may have enough users between the two to fill up the two leagues.

Just a suggestion.

Glen

Doug Ennis

Stunt Coordinator
I would have no problem combining my league with this one, but I see two possible issues. One, a few of the guys in my league are not HTF'ers. Second, the players in my league have already been assigned teams. If they are able to keep the teams they requested, then I see no problems combining, if Kelley_B wanted to.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I have no problem combinging leagues, but I do think Team assignment should be reset. The most difficult thing about this is getting people to play as Cincinatti, Cleveland, etc...the teams that aren't anygood, but can be great in the hands of the right player.

BTW - I have not assigned a single team and will not until I have all the people that want to play in the league.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I think combining the 2 leagues will be good

1 Football League
1 Hockey League

and so on and so forth

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Yep calvin i got you down.
Update!: So far we have almost 15 people in the league!
Team Selection:
Anyone else who wishes to play please do not include the following teams in your list of three:
Packers
Raiders
I have already had 5 people request the Pack as their number 1 pick! Just goes to show you what I always thought, there are a lot of cheese heads here on the HTF :laugh:

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Wow! We had a boom in popularity this afternoon as we are now at almost 20 people! Its seeing you guy's excitement in your emails that make all the hard work worth it!

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys!

Just wanted to chime in here and say that the line up of teams is looking GREAT! I just did a prelimanary team list with all the people that I currently have emails from and it shows 7 NFC teams, 7 AFC teams! And that is with me not being able to list a couple people, who will recieve emails today about it today. I am going to give those guys first pick at the "left over" teams, but trust me there are a few teams that are anything but left overs!!

Scott_W

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in, sending mail, though I'm not sure what will happen since two of the leagues may combine, and I replied to that as well.

Scott

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
There is a VERY important rule that I think must be discussed:

In case of a network divergence issue: If in the 4Q and the winning team is up by 15 points or more the game is given to the team who had the higher score. Any other time the game will need to be replayed or forfeited by one team.

Please let me know what you guys think about this and anychanges you might want to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks