What's new

The Home Theater Forum Football League (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Gary,
I wonder if we will have some classic games like we did in NFL2K1? You know, the type of games where I always win. ;)
-Dean-

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
Not to bust up the fun...maybe I will join if I break and by an XBox this summer but til then... doesn't anyone have any intentions of going on line with Madden 2003 for PS2.
I am all for anyone interested in doing that league.

dan

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
Is this going to be nfl fever 2003 only or are we going to do nfl 2k3 also? Based on the '02 releases I would vote for 2k3. Just curious what the plan is. Both are supposed to be xbox live playable.

Mike

GaryP

Second Unit
Dean,
Indeed it is my friend. It's been far too long since the 2K1 days.

Dan,
Don't know about a league, but I'm definitely game for some online Madden anytime, as well as Sega's 2K3.

Gary

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
It's going to be Fever 2003 as it will have the best interactivity with the X-Box live system. And this is coming from someone that didn't even BUY Fever last season.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Actually what I think should be done is wait a bit more to see what the features of the games are and then decide based on that, sure Fever SHOULD be the most feature rich, but Sega has announced that they will match and beat any Feature out there.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Frig!!! I don't have an X-Box and most likely wont be able to afford one in the near future. Damn Sega to hell for bailing on the Dreamcast :angry:
Oh well, Gary & Dean can at least breath a sigh of relief as they will not have to come face to face with my awesome destructive powers at NFL2k football :D
But I'll be able to play the CPU on the Gamecube version :frowning:

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Oh, I also agree with what Kelley said about waiting to see which game will be the best for us on-line wise. I prefer the 2K series, so I hope it is that. ;)
-Dean-

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know when the XBox goes online?

That said, can anyone link me or line me up on how to setup a wireless router? I have my broadband connection to my PC which is in my upstairs den... my XBox is part of my HT in the great room... How in the heck am I going to get broadband capability to the Box without going thru the hell of running cable?

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Dean-I hated NFL 2K2 for the Xbox was a PASSION, so I lean towards Fever unless it COMPLETELY flames out, but if everyone wants 2K3, Ill live. I would LOVE it if EA Sports would get on the boat.

I heard that the X-Box is supposed to be online by THIS fall, but the release date for the online adaptor is November... So, we will see.

PS Only 18 teams left!

GaryP

Second Unit
Rob,
We are probably in the same boat. I'm looking for some wireless solutions also, though I haven't completely ruled out just running some good ol' CAT5 over to the theater. If anyone has some pointers, feel free to let us know.
Brian,
Don't pay any attention to Dean, he can't help himself. Although it would be nice to get you in the crowd. Are you sure we can't talk you into a 'Box or a PS2? ....just something to get you back online? (Trying to get the peer pressure to mount until you crack, which will hopefully be by August.) ;)
Larry,
I think you meant the PS2's online adaptor will hit shelves in November. The 'Box is ready for online as-is, no?
Gary

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
The only thing that sucked about the Sega NFL2k leagues was that most of them fell apart in the first few weeks due to people dropping out when they started the season 0-3, and people who would never show up for scheduled games.
Toward the end of Sega's free online period I was in like my 5th league, I joined about 6 games into the season and took over and abandoned 2-4 Cowboys. I finished the regular season with a 9-7 (7-3 for me) record and made it all the way to the Super-bowl and then Bam!!! Before getting to set up the big game the web-site vanished and I was never able to locate my opposing player for a shot at Super-bowl glory :angry:
I hope you guys have better luck in a league made up of only HTF'ers, We should of thought of that back in the Dreamcast days.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
*******SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE*********
Brian, you will by an X-box. Everyone must have one. It is the cool thing to do, play online football with fellow HTF members. You must buy an X-box.
:D

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
What teams are left? If the Vikings are still left please sign me up for them. Otherwise can you post a few of the better teams left? Thanks!

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Ryan-The Vikings were still available so I signed you up, email me at [email protected] so I can get your email address.
Dean-The true joy of madden is in the franchise mode, not the game engine. MANY MANY hours I have spent tinkering with my own franchise.
Gary-Link Removed
Im assuming that it will be shipping before that though. I can't imagine that the communicator would lag behind the actual launch of Xbox Live. "The service will officially launch this fall" who KNOWS when fall is though? Fever arrives at my house on August 15th, I would imagine that Xbox live will launch accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks