What's new

The Good Wife Season 3 (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
One amusing twist in the episode was that Louis Canning's explanation about his condition got absolutely no traction from the judge. He seemed to have a "why are you telling me this?" reaction.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Adam said:
It's all just business for them. For what it's worth, I think Edelstein will come to regret his decision. Lockhart/Gardner puts its clients first, and they've had a stellar success rate for him. As we've seen, Louis Canning is willing to tactically lose cases to advance his interests. If there's a conflict between Edelstein's interests and Canning's interests, I would not be surprised to see Edelstein left holding the bag.
It was some crafty legal work though; they kept them distracted while they took away their biggest client and means to pay their bills.. while it won't overturn the case, if the law firm that won isn't around anymore, it delays the results (maybe permanently) Dirty pool but effective.

I think what's going to be interesting is where this goes from here now - how does the firm "save itself" or move forward with the loss of a huge client in the kitty - one that facilitates them paying the bills. They've always been a mid-major firm with not a great amount of resources, where does this tip them for next year? I thought it was both a great conclusion and a great setup for the next season without being a cliffhanger.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That was the season finale? Aw man, what's is up with shows finishing up so early nowadays? I hate having to wait until the fall to see the fallout of these new developments. So, I guess, they succeeded in making a solid cliff-hanger.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I love this show but I think the writers are getting rather lazy with the Canning story lines. The "I lost but look I actually won" twist has been over used. The reality is he keeps losing and his public image would be taking a beating. Another unrealistic situation the writers have created with Canning is his switching sides. Very rarely in the real world would a lawyer be able to work both sides of the fence as he has in the show. The reality is once he took a single case for people suing a corporation, especially in a class action case like he did in a previous season, the vast majority of corporations would not be willing to hire him to defend them.
Also, I know I spared over some of you last year but Canning is a terrible lawyer who gives the profession a far bigger black eye then any ambulance chaser ever could. He is completely without ethics which is not something you want in your legal representation.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It's like Magneto pairing up with Mystique: two super-villains that go so well together!

The episode was, oddly, a little too on the nose a couple times (the bulb going out, the unresponsive elevator). Putting too fine a point on it in a few moments, maybe.

The best moment for me was Kalinda walking out of the office after Alicia told her about calling the Construction company. Her agitation was marvelously done Her walk had an extra edge not normally there. And the riff laid on top was perfect. I made my wife skip back so I could re-watch it. Gave me goosebumps.

The second best, of course, was the gag of the entire cast piling on top of each other outside the elevator. It was nothing but fan service, but it was well executed humor, completed with Wil's banal but bust-a-gut funny 'Our newest intern' as the ridiculous infant powered through.

I really enjoyed the closer.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt /t/314496/the-good-wife-season-3/150#post_3921217
The hard, slow knock was so much creepier, though. There are two types of violent men, those who are violent by instinct and those who use violence as a means of intimidation. Kalinda's husband is latter type. He's been a hanging thread since at least season 2, and it's exciting the show's going there now. We probably learned more about the private Kalinda in tonight's episode than we have in whole seasons. Her apartment spoke volumes about how she lives, sparse and impersonal, so she can always be ready to throw her life into a suitcase at a moment's notice and move on.
I think making her husband such a menacing figure also helps redeem Kalinda a bit, since it transforms her sleeping with Peter to get the paperwork through from a simple act of manipulation to one of desperation.
When the address on the check was shown to be from Canada, I was thrilled that a seemingly forgotten storyline was brought back. We knew there was something about Kalinda changing her identity, a husband, some possible previous life in Canada, maybe some immigration issues? I figured maybe she'd done some illegal work to get into the country, or to bring her husband in through a marriage of convenience.
I didn't expect at she was running from her husband. That everything she'd done was to remain in the shadows, never to be found by him again. And that Alicia, working for Kalinda's best interests, could destroy her.

The scene with Kalinda packing...at first I thought was was ready to kick ass and "fix it". Then I realized, she was ready to run. That this man did something that Blake, Lemond Bishop, or even the FBI could do: completely unravel her.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks