The FOR 'BUFFY' poll. :-)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I just came from the anti Buffy thread, and the posts in that thread were painful to read!
    So, as a counterpoint, let's see a show of hands FOR Buffy. [​IMG]

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    That thread nearly made me cry.

I have to say the first few times I saw the show I was not impressed. It wasn't until season 4 that I started watching and got into it. Then I watched re-runs on Space Channel from the start and am totally in love with the show.

3. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I watch almost no television (too many DVDs [​IMG] )... but one of the shows that I DO watch is Buffy, which I think is one of the best TV shows of the last 10 years. I started watching around the start of Season 3, so these new DVD releases have been a godsend! [​IMG]
    Long live lord Joss! [​IMG]

4. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    Here's my [​IMG] for "Buffy"! I had never even seen the show until I picked up the Season 1 set on a whim in January. I just finished Season 2 tonight. Simply amazing stuff. Bring on Season 3!!

5. Pascal D

Pascal D Stunt Coordinator

Buffy is my FAVORITE SHOW OF ALL TIMES !!!!!!![​IMG]
    I'm a big fan of TV shows and no show has ever taken me as Buffy has since March '97.
    I must admit that Angel is a pretty close second choice for my all-time favorite shows.
    Joss Whedon is a God for me !!!
    I heard today that "maybe"(big maybe) Buffy would continue to an 8th year WITHOUT Sarah Michelle Gellar.
    [​IMG] WHAT THE F*&% !!!
    Sarah Michelle Is Buffy
    So,continuing the show wothout her will be like X-files without Mulder.I say finish the show with the 7th season and this will make me and many others fans very happy to finish with a BANG instead of pulling an "x-files".
    That's it
    GO BUFFY GO [​IMG]

6. Ryan Donovan

Ryan Donovan Stunt Coordinator

I used to make fun of my brother for watching Buffy, but now, I'm kind've into it. It's a fun, imaginitive series...I dig the reruns that come on FX. God bless syndication! [​IMG]

7. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I didn't get into the show until I picked up the first season box set (on a whim as well). Pretty good for what it is. Love the witty dialogue, love the babes. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. AllanN

AllanN Supporting Actor

I know im the Evil Emperor from the ANTI Buffy thread. But I can say that Buffy is a very popular show here on the HTF. I think The Eternal Buffytastic ™ thread Episode I, II, III prove that without a doubt.
    Just trying to keep the piece between the Buffy Lovers and Haters. [​IMG]
    All the Star Wars references in this thread makes me wonder, are there people who don't like Star Wars here? Hmmmm? I don't want to thread fart so ill take that idea elsewhere?

9. MartinTeller

MartinTeller Screenwriter

[​IMG] Buffy is the best show on TV
    Seems like most of the people in the "haters" thread either
    a) bought into the stereotype ("it's just a kids show")
    b) saw only one episode
    or c) just didn't get it (like the one who didn't understand how a "teenage girl" could beat up vampires... ummm, she's THE SLAYER, guy!)

10. Ryan Potts

Ryan Potts Stunt Coordinator

Any show that has had both Sarah Michelle Gellar and Eliza Dushku is pretty near #1 in my book [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

Been watching Buffy since the last few eps of season 1 when my wife got me to start watching it. (she liked the movie, so began watching the show from the beginning) I was hooked and would agree that for the most part it's been the best show on TV. Since I've gotten into movies so much in the last 4 years, I've almost stopped watching TV, but Buffy is one of the few shows I still tune in for.

I just hope next season is an improvement on the past one. Except for a couple of episodes, it wasn't very good.

12. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I made the investment of watching all of the Buffy episodes on FX this past fall, and have not regretted any of the time spent watching Buffy.

13. Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger Screenwriter

I've only seen a couple of episodes, but what I saw of them surprised me. It was well written, and often witty. If it wasn't for my fluctuating schedule, I would be sure to catch more of this show.

14. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Buffy is one of the few shows on TV I watch regularly and, beyond the Simpsons, Seinfeld reruns, and Malcolm, the only show that my whole family enjoys together. I had to be dragged into seeing it the first time, but loved it almost immediately.

15. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian
    Let's face it.
    There are those that like Buffy and then there are those who don't get it [​IMG]

16. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

I'm not a big fan of buffy myself, but most of of female friends watch it constantly, so I awlays end up watching it, not a bad show BTW.

17. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Thanks guy's and gal's for the support so far, I feel much better now. [​IMG]
    I just picked up season 2 today, I can't wait to start diving in tonight! [​IMG]

18. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Well, the S2 set debuted at #7 on the new DVD sales chart, so it seems there are plenty of fans out there.

I feel sorry for those who passed judgement on the whole series based on the first couple episodes, or whose who can't get past the perceived silliness of the show's name. I don't think there is any series that "had it all together" right from Episode 1. It always takes a year or two to get all the kinks worked out of the characters and themes.