Poll - Should "Angel" get his own thread?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Okay, let's take a TV-area only poll:

Should the Angel discussion be moved out of the Eternal Buffy-tastic thread?

Since there's a bit of Angel down-time, we'll take a couple of weeks to let the votes flow through and go with the consensus of the poll.

2. Sam Graves

Sam Graves Stunt Coordinator

I would like for the Angel discussion to be moved out of the Eternal Buffy thread. It seems that everyone is quick to bash Buffy and compare Season Six to Angel's superior Season Three. Also, the fact that we will probably never see another Angel/Buffy crossover due to network politics is another reason they should remain seperate.

3. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

I'm apparently the only dissenting voice. [​IMG]

4. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Yeah, the show should get its own thread.

5. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Definitely, there have been a few times when I have been reading and thinking, Damn I don't remember that episode of Buffy when Wesley was in a wheelchair.

6. DonWinzen

DonWinzen Stunt Coordinator

I would definitely say yes. It is less difficult to follow its own separate thread. I started this mess anyway with my new post.

7. BrandonM

BrandonM Stunt Coordinator

I like it all in one thread [​IMG]

8. Leo Hinze

Leo Hinze Stunt Coordinator

I am curious why this should even be an issue. Of course Angel (the show) should have its own thread. It is a seperate and distinct show, with its own characters, stories, etc..

IMO, this question is akin to the innocent until proven guilty. Until someone can conclusively prove to me that Angel comments deserve to be buried in the volumnuous The Eternal Buffytastic ™ thread Part II, I think that Angel should have its own thread.

This does not preclude Angel (the soulfull vampire) comments in The Eternal Buffytastic ™ thread Part II, as long as they apply to Angel's and Angelus' actions as part of a Buffy episode.

9. Will Cunningham

Will Cunningham Stunt Coordinator

I think both angel and buffy can sustain thier own threads. I would guess that just about everyone who watches one show is probably watching the other as well.
    I am for seperating the threads, but I am more of a "don't care much either way" kinda guy and there is no "happy either way" option in the poll. [​IMG]
    Will

10. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

I must be dissenting vote no 2. Given its origins the watching audience of Angel is almost the same as for Buffy. Most of the active posters in the Buffy thread would be the same in an Angel thread.

I personally don't see the benefit.

11. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Absolutly. I don't watch 'Angel', and when I come across discssions of that show in the 'Buffytastic' thread, I feel like the show is intruding where it doesn't belong. Give the 'Angel' fans they're own place to talk about that show.

12. Ian_Fisher

Ian_Fisher Stunt Coordinator

I think so...

Angel is a great show, and has really become more then just a "Buffy spinoff".

13. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

Angel has just been too damn good this year to stay in Buffy.
    With Angel in the Buffy thread Angel is constantly shadowed by Buffy, and everyone seems to want to compare the two which I think is really unnecessary - both shows can stand on their own and I think Angel can easily hold an Eternal Angel-riffic thread...
    I dont even know why we need to vote. But then again I have been an advocate of an all Angel thread for a while (check the front of the Buffytastic thread [​IMG] )
    JQ

14. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

Yes; it should have it's own thread.

15. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I have no problems, as long as it's called "The Eternal Angelriffic Thread" [​IMG]

16. Billy C.

Billy C. Agent

Just curious - why would you even have to ask? Can't someone just start a new thread about any show that they want? Or are you asking because you intend to pull the applicable postings out of the Buffy thread to start a new Angel thread?

17. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Geez, if someone wants to start a new thread, start a new thread (in April, when there'll something to put in it). Trying to mandate where something should or should not be discussed eventually just hurts the discussion.

18. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Is there any truth to the rumor that people have been known to wander into the "Buffytastic" thread and never be heard from again? Or do they encounter a wormhole in that thread and end up in the "Word Association" thread? I need to know if this is true; we have been contacted by the missing person's desk at LAPD. Thank you.

19. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

20. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Then start it. If people want to, they'll talk there an the "Angel" posts in the "Buffy" thread will dry up. Putting it to a vote just seems silly.