What's new

The Cult of Rez (1 Viewer)

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
Read this thread the other day so I brought out "Rez" for the first time in a few months. Question; to reach level 5 do you neeed only to get 100% Analyzation on the previous 4 levels, or must you 100% everything (Analyzation, Shot-Down, Support Item)? The FAQS on gamefaqs.com left me a little confused. Also, I'm playing the Dreamacast version so I don't know if that makes a difference.

I got a little sidetracked playing my Dreamcast when I bought my XBOX a few months ago, but I'm sorry I didn't play this one more often. I could not put it down last night and I'm so itching to see level 5.

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
Add another member to the cult...

I just got my Rez today and played it for the first time. (A sealed version from Ebay for only $36.00!) I know this is cliche, but Rez is the best looking game I've ever seen. Why didn't it get more critcial acclaim when it was released?

I'm also curious about a Rez 2. Any thoughts on how you could improve the graphics beyond the original? Maybe a higher resolution, but I'm not sure what else...

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
-Has anyone played the DC version of Rez? Is it the same as the PS2? I don't have a PS2 but I'd like to pick up Rez for my DC. It's been difficult to come across, especially for a decent price. But I'm still searching.

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Hello all.

Been playing Rez on and off for a few months, and am hoping that one of you Rez vets can help me out here.

I have achieved 100% analyzation on the first four levels and unlocked area 5. My new goal is to unlock the trance mission, and to do that I understand that you have to place first in the Lost Area (Beyond Mode). Whats the secret to big points? 150,000 is needed and I have finished the level and only attained 90,000. Is the secret to destroy as many targets as possible in combo fashion?

Please, share the wisdom, and thanks in advance for any help!

JayF

Stunt Coordinator
Joel-
I have both versions and prefer the DC version. I've always felt the DC version was a bit harder (it may just be in my head, or related to the fact that I played it first), and I prefer using the Dreamcast controller.

Jim Sit

Grip
Had to resurrect this thread once again to say a little thanks.
Long time lurker here, I was inspired by this thread to seek out Rez on my Dreamcast. I am very glad that I did.
I've been playing for a couple of months now, and like many have said, I thought that I had pretty well mastered the game, and then I was able to reach another level. Now getting 100% shot down seems possible (but hasn't been done yet), and my "composition" is much smoother and cleaner.
I still enjoy playing the game regularly, just to experience it all again. I've shown it off to any of my friends that would watch, and most didn't really get it. I'm glad that there are some people out there that do.
Thanks HTF for turning me on to this great game!:D :D

Jim Sit

Grip
I'm also curious about a Rez 2. Any thoughts on how you could improve the graphics beyond the original? Maybe a higher resolution, but I'm not sure what else...
How about immersive true-3D with head-tracking goggles ;)
May be a few years off though...

millercv

Second Unit
and its back again - after hearing about this Rez for so long I've been keeping an eye out for it. Low and behold the local used place had a copy of it over lunch - picked it up for $25
So I will probably be a member of the cult soon :)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Bwahaha! Our sacrifices to the dark gods at UGA are working! You won't be dissapointed, millercv. Almost every game site, commerical or not (including our friends Tycho and Gabe at Penny Arcade), loves this game.
I've even got the soundtrack, go to Videogame Depot and search for it. It's awesome music to bob your head to, and I think it's only like $10. My personal favorite (especially in the game itself) is from Level 5 ("Fear...is the mind-killer").
There was some buzz about Rez 2, but sadly I haven't seen anything since the spring.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
VideogameDepot currently do not have the Rez soundtrack in stock, and certainly not at that price (I hope) as it's almost certainly a bootleg, and in my experience, VGD don't deal in bootleg stuff.

They do have the Japanese PS2 "best" re-release at $30 which is a stonkingly good price for anyone who can play imports.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
BrianB: The soundtrack is just the music, it's called "REZ: A Gamer's Guide To", and it is an official release. Google it under "rez (soundtrack,ost)". Here's the info from my order at VGD:
04I005743011
Rez Original Soundtrack EA
$14.00 (1 @ $14.00 each)
Unfortunately I couldn't find it on their site, but similar places might have it. It's from Japan, and the booklet is pretty much unreadable unless you can read Japanese, but the pictures are cool and the CD is awesome.
ETA: Here's a review of the OST.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Ahh, my thread will not die. Unfortunately, my poor lady does every time I try to beat level 5. Yet it's amazing how I have yet to get tired of trying, and I don't get angry when I lose, as much as I am sad that I've disappointed her. Freaking life-sapping game...

Ben Seibert

Stunt Coordinator
CDJapan has the soundtrack at 2600 yen (approx. $20) so at that price it is almost definitely a bootleg. Do you still have the spinecard? If you do, it will have a EverAnime logo at the top and the number 566 at the bottom if it is the bootleg and not a legitimate release.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
John: It took many, many hours of gameplay to bring my lady back. Like you, no mater how mad or dissapointed I got, it never made the game itself a bore to play.

Ben: It certainly looks official. I've still got the spinecard, so I'll check on the logo and #. If it is a bootleg, it's very high quality. It has an orange-tinted jewelcase, if that makes a difference. Perhaps I'll post a scan or three.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks