What's new

"The Core" - Has the premise changed? (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
i thought armageddon was to the extreme, i mean the drill workers had to go and land on a meteor in outerspace just to start their job. Here, they don't have to go to any extreme place to start their job.
I would tend to think with all the additional pressure and heat, the Earth's core is extreme to the max.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The government weapon thing, I'll have to check on this, but I believe it's been an addition to try to fix the movie

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
The government weapon thing, I'll have to check on this, but I believe it's been an addition to try to fix the movie
So I guess the thinking was, "Hmm, this movie is missing something. I know! Lets add an extremely tired, overused plot device by blaming the disaster on some evil military project gone wrong." How smart... :rolleyes:

I think the real disaster is going to be the box office take for this turd.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
So it shouldn't be surprising that the trailer uses the same music from The Rock and a variant of Holst's Mars.

This one's gonna be a real stinker.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i think jeff and a few others are right.
it was origionally a movie about the core not spinning and they were going to drill down and blow up some nuclear devices to get it spinning again.

now it appears to be about a machine that can create earthquakes that needs to be stopped before its too late.

here is the old thread from last auguste, were several people mention the plot being just this.

core stops spinning, send in the nukes.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...325#post918325

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Yeh I remember the core not spinning stuff also.

Anyone else think the CGI in the recent trailers looks terrible?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok i just saw the much better trailer on the jackass movie for the core.

it still has the core not spinning premise but now it is caused by man's creation of a device that is "a secret government program" called "project destiny" one "that can generate targeted seismic events" "intended to use earthquakes to attack our enemies" "it was a perfect untraceable weapon. until something went wrong"

and this is a direct quote from one of the characters in the trailer..."i can't wait to get into an untested ship,go to the center of the earth,and restart it's core with 1000 megatons of NUCULAR weapons."'

just in case any one still has interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks