What's new

The check's in the mail! (1 Viewer)

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
Parker, if you set up a link to paypal, I think you get $5 for every new member you refer who joins up with paypal. Every little helps :)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Darren:

I have a "Make a Donation" button on every forum near the top and on the announcements page.

Parker

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
My check will be in tomorrow's mail. Good luck guys, hope you get more than enough so you can buy each other a beer or two. ;)
Peace Out~:D

Dan Ponze

Stunt Coordinator
I pay paled a few days ago. Just to make this suggestion again, I think we should have a logo underneath our name if we donated. It will encourage everyone to at least make a small donation to help maintain this great site. It worked great for a few other sites I've been involved with. You'd be surprised. It will probably double what you've already made easily and not much work to do.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Donation sent via PayPal. Thanks for all the work you do maintaining this site.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thanks everyone!

I'll have totals for you by the end of today.

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
Paypal donation sent. I didn't get the mail (had an outdated address in my profile, corrected it now), luckily I stumbled over the donation button and read the announcement.

Keep up the great work!

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Don't feel bad Dominik, I didn't visit the site for a few days and just noticed the button. I'm glad I noticed it, I would feel like a schmuck otherwise!

Count me in as well. I still have yet to find a better run forum.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
As of 1 pm CST today we have collected ~$3,200 from over 164 members. This is only the Paypal donations. The checks that have been sent in via mail have not been added to this total yet. As they come in I will update the total again.

Just so you know our bandwidth costs are going to be in the neighborhood of $10,000+ a year and the new servers are going to run us about $3,000 or so.

We really appreciate all that have contributed. Your support speaks volumes to Ron and I what you think about this site and its value to you.

Parker

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
10k a year :eek: Any chance we could do a yearly donation type deal, totally voluntary of course.
Peace Out~:D

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I like the annual drive idea too, but please don't hold it in January, as some of us are getting a rude awakening right now with our credit card purchases from last month. Ouch!

Glenn

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
10K a year - WOW! That must be something in the region of 400Gb of data transferred every month based on $2 per Gb which is roughly what my ISP charges for co-location servers. What is it that eats up the bandwith? Most of the site is text, so there must be millions of hits a day!

On a different note, I selected "service" on the paypal payment type menu, as it mentioned something about possible additional charges for "quasi-cash". Hope this was OK.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Tax season is historically the worst time of year to ask for donations. I would suggest a yearly donation drive in late spring or summer. I am impressed by the numbers so far--only 164 PayPal donations and the forum has already raised ~$3,200 according to Parker. If only 10% of the current 33,676 members donate at the current rate, we'll have over $65,000! At only $0.30 (30 cents!) per member, the problem could be solved.

WE CAN DO IT!!!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Yeah, we are using between 500-600G of data tranfer per month. A lot of it is caused by images used on the site but the majority is the fact that we get hit really hard every day during the weak.

I was concerned about holding the drive during January as I am recovering from the sticker shock of Christmas. We felt that we needed to do something soon though as we are getting worse instead of better with load averages on the server.

Parker

Jon W H

Stunt Coordinator
Perhaps a secondary donation drive could be held in June, after everyone gets their tax refunds? Just a thought.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jon:

Very nice suggestion but if we get enough at this point we won't be going for another until we need to.

Parker

Jon W H

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, I know, but I figured you could save the money left over for next year and try to make it to the next annual fund drive around that point. Or if you make enough this month, then perhaps you can wait until June 2004.

Just another suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks