What's new

The check's in the mail! (1 Viewer)

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
I've just happily ;) sent my donation for the new server. I did 2 years ago and am still happy to help. If you don't get enough, Ron and Packy, I'll open my wallet again.
This is the FINEST HT site on the 'net.
Thanks.

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
Well, its 21:30 here at Burpelson. And while the AF never sleeps, I'll have to send my check tomorrow. Thank you for asking and trying to resolve this in the way I think best(and many others from the old request/poll threads thought best).

This is a great site, and I have learned so much here, and found some great movies here, and saved so much here. I am very happy to donate and wish HTF the absolute best!

Dan

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
count me in too guys. you do a wonderful job and more than deserve our support.
i'll gladly be sending you a check!
keep up the great work and thanks for puttin' up with us!
:D

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I just sent you guys my share via PayPal... I will consider it my 'membership fee'. ;)
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :D

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I also just sent my donation via PayPal.
This is the greatest site on the Net. There is always wonderful information about DVD's and Movies at the HTF.
I gave last time and I'll give again if need be.
Good Luck! ;)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Yes and consider my donation as my ticket to say curse words and express filthy gestures. :laugh: Always happy to give, I read from this place more than any magazine subscition I've had.
Just curious Packy and Ron (being the tech geeks we are), what kinda hardware is needed to run HTF? You just going for upgrades or selling off the old boxes and getting brand new ones as a package deal?

Neil N

Stunt Coordinator
The money is on the way via paypal.

Just like 2 years ago, I'm happy to have the opportunity to help.

Thanks, and keep up the good work guys!

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
i just wanna make sure of something...is

Home Theater Forum
PO Box 25256
Kansas City, MO 64119

the correct address? seems like there should be a street too.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Chuck... it is a mail box inside of a post office that people can rent for business/personal purposes so that their personal mail doesn't get cluttered with business mail (I have one myself on my campus where I get DVDs/letters sent to)... no street address needed. :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank You, gents.

It was pretty wild to see that within 5 minutes
of sending out the mailer last evening paypal
payment notices started rolling in.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Guys:

Thanks so much for all of you that have sent in your donations via Paypal and by check. So far in the last 24 hours ~$2,000 has been donated.

Currently we have a dual processor server for the database and a single processor for the webserver. We have been sharing resourses between the two. The single processor unit is set up for dual processor usage but we never could get it configured right to run a dual processor. The server kept crashing when we tried to run it in a dual CPU mode. So we are going to be getting rid of the single processor unit and building two dual processor units with 1G of RAM in each. This will give us the equivilent of a four CPU server for the webserver. The webserver side is what really uses up the system resources. Also, the files on the webside are only about 500M so we are going to try to run the webside out of RAM. We will see how this setup works.

We have gone from using an average of 1 mbit/sec of bandwidth to 3 mbit/sec bandwidth in the last few months. This has of course raised the costs that we have to pay for bandwidth. Travis, the owner of QWK.net, has been very gracious to us with helping to keep our bandwidth costs down to a minimum but we have to pay him at least what it is costing him. Without his support on the hosting side we would have had to have moved a long time ago.

The monies that we collect will be used only for building the new servers, paying for the additional bandwidth costs and held in reserve for future upgrades.

Parker

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Like i did the last time, Ill be sending you guys a donation when i get back from vacation. This site not only is a great place for Home Theater chat, but in the last few months the video game section has helped me meet some very nice folks to play and chat about Xbox live with.

Capt

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Ron or Parker,
What is your goal for the fundraiser? I think most would like to see a regularly-updated report on where we're at. You know, like one of those thermometer graphics you see at schools & churches. :D
Jon

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I see the mailing address,

Are the checks/money-orders to be written out to "The Home Theater Forum"?

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Pay Pal sent - I, too am happy to help

I like the Jon_Are's idea of a progrss report, too.

Anyhow, thanks for administering our little community

Werner_R

Stunt Coordinator
Just signed up with paypal, it may take a while before I can send anything, that is untill my account is activated, they sure need a lot of info when signing up ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks