What's new

The Bridge (FX) (1 Viewer)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Is anyone else watching this? I DVR'ed the first couple and got to the pilot last night. Having lived off and on in El Paso for many years this show is intriguing in that I do recognize many of the locations and it really draws attention to the intense violence and lawlessness of her sister city Juarez. The characters are all interesting - the main police detective played by Diane Kruger is really off center. Anyway, this is looking like it might be something to keep in mind.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I've got it on the DVR.. the wife has been watching bu I haven't had a chance. I figure I'll wait til near the end and grab it.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
My wife and I are both enjoying this. Another thumbs up for FX. I wonder if eventually will find out why she is so off kilter? They hint at a reason, but the whole squad has her marked as crazy. I also like that the 1st 2 episodes ran more than an hour. Looks like they are allowing them freedom without making cuts for time constraints.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Mark_B said:
My wife and I are both enjoying this. Another thumbs up for FX. I wonder if eventually will find out why she is so off kilter? They hint at a reason, but the whole squad has her marked as crazy. I also like that the 1st 2 episodes ran more than an hour. Looks like they are allowing them freedom without making cuts for time constraints.
I believe she's autistic.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
She confirmed in an interview the character has Asperger's. I am liking the show, but it's hard to believe that someone with her condition could make homicide detective. Seems she may have some previous connection with the Ted Levine character though. Speaking of Ted Levine, it's comical to me how the one creepy guy living in the trailer seems to be doing his best Buffalo Bill impression.

FX with yet another winner though. FX, AMC and Starz might be the new powerhouses of TV drama.

FX did a horrible job promoting this show though. Based on the teasers they showed, I had no interest in the show. If it weren't for someone I know watching it and telling me what it was about I never would have given it a shot.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
I watched the first couple of shows, but it's not for me. Also, her character with Asperger's syndrome is not credible. It's a fact that someone with that would never be an officer, much less an investigator in law enforcement. Sure, they may hold a desk job, dispatch or something along those lines, but nothing more. For me, the acting is not that good and the whole concept just didn't work.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
A pretty good ending to season 1 which nicely sets up season 2. I am pleased to find out that they renewed for another season.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Jeffery_H said:
I watched the first couple of shows, but it's not for me. Also, her character with Asperger's syndrome is not credible. It's a fact that someone with that would never be an officer, much less an investigator in law enforcement. Sure, they may hold a desk job, dispatch or something along those lines, but nothing more. For me, the acting is not that good and the whole concept just didn't work.
Since when can't people with Asperger's become police officers?

In Indianapolis one of the higher ups(on TV quite a bit as well as spokesperson) is HFA. Granted a person with severely limited functioning, no.

But like anything else. Depends on the function of the person.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I enjoyed the season. Could fill the gap the cancellation of 'The Killing' leaves.

I liked how they resolved the Tate case a few episodes early and moved into the setup for next season.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I watched the finale for season 1 earlier today and I was really impressed with the show and the performances of the cast. Just about every element of the show worked for me; easily my favorite summer series this year. Of particular note was the performance throughout the season by Demian Bichir. Easily one of the best character portrayals I've seen in a long time on television. I'd put his performance in episode 11 up against *any* other performance this year. It was that strong.

I am really looking forward to the second season in 2014 with its focus on the girls of Juarez and I hope we see more development of Steven Linder in season two.

- Walter.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
One thing that interested me about this show - the tunnel. Are there really tunnels like that at the border? Seems like something that would be doable with the right equipment and connections.

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
Jeffery_H said:
You base this on ... what .... exactly?

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Scott Hanson said:
One thing that interested me about this show - the tunnel. Are there really tunnels like that at the border? Seems like something that would be doable with the right equipment and connections.
I have read about tunnels like this being found at the San Diego/Tijuana border so I would assume that there is probably the same for El Paso/Juarez/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks