What's new

The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. ? (1 Viewer)

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Yay go Gord :D

Honestly I don't understand what their holdup is with releasing Brisco, I mean it's not like there can be any doubt that there would be poor sales.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I mean it's not like there can be any doubt that there would be poor sales.
Heh... there can't?

It's a show from the early 80s that starred someone WB isn't familiar with (they don't own any other BC properties to compare it to). Plus is 28 TV hours of material, which means a 7 disc set, which adds to the cost to produce it, and scares them even more. I've sent them ALL the information I've been able to dig up on sales of everything from his books, to Evil Dead and Bubba Ho Tep. I'm sure the show will be released on DVD, I just don't know when. Plus, I'll give the release a shitload of coverage on the website.

to quote Galaxy Quest: "Never give up, never surrender"

Gord

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I didn't think of that :frowning: I thought the show had a cult following, and that would help it sell well :)

Mary_P

Second Unit
Unfortunately, "cult" is often interpreted as "small," which doesn't do a whole lot for studio execs wishing to get the most bang for their production buck. But "cult following" can also mean "more willing to buy than your average Joe," so that's a plus on our side. And you've got me on that list of folks ready, willing, and able to buy this the moment it comes out....

Mary

P.S. Early 90's. I was lucky enough to be visiting the WB lot when the show was filming, though not lucky enough to have seen any actual filming in progress!

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
Fantastic news Gord!! I think I might want this show as much as you do. ;)

IMO the problem this show had was that it was way before its time and people just didn't get it. Bruce has said himself that it was grouped with "The X-Files" and the shows just don't attract the same audience.

Years ago I did screen captures from vhs tapes of this series for the BC website and I would love to own this on dvd.

John*D

Second Unit
I'll probably get these DVDs. I watched the show on/off back in the day...

I'm still wondering what was up with that WEIRD glowing ALIEN orb...

Mary_P

Second Unit
Great news, Gord! Looking forward to further details as they become available -- gee, 2006 is starting to look pretty darned good!

Mary

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Gord, you're still the man. Thanks for keeping in WB's ear and reminding them of the fans. It'd be a crime if BC wasn't involved in the set.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Great news! Being 15 when the show aired Friday nights with the X-Files, I must say that I was a big fan of both shows at the time.

However, my memory is a bit fuzzy for the specifics. Can anyone tell me what story threads were resolved and which story threads were left unresolved in this series? Thanks.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Gord, you're still the man. Thanks for keeping in WB's ear and reminding them of the fans. It'd be a crime if BC wasn't involved in the set.
Has BC ever NOT been involved in one of his projects? He knows it's coming, and I'm sure he'll be involved.

Gord

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
I can't see BC not being involved in this at all but it is one of the few things that he starred in that he wasn't somehow connected to outside of just being the star. It was really funny how many people were fans of his from this show that didn't know about his cult following. It was very interesting to get into a discussion with both sides of his fans.

Depending on the price I know I will want to buy more than one copy to send to people who I know will love this show but have never seen it.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
However, my memory is a bit fuzzy for the specifics. Can anyone tell me what story threads were resolved and which story threads were left unresolved in this series? Thanks.
I think they pretty much wrapped up most things in the series. The Bly storyline, which was the main one, was resolved, and I think Brisco and Lord Bowler ended up in the employ of the US Government at the end of the season.

Jason

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
This is awesome news!!!! Even though I probably won't buy it, this is the most exciting news i've heard in a while for a TV show coming to DVD. Bravo to Warner Bros for finally doing this. I'm sure this will be an awesome set. Man the people who have waited for this must be jumping out of their skin!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks