What's new

The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. ? (1 Viewer)

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Looks like it's a sure thing now. And it's coming out fairly soon...

Interview with Bruce,
http://marsdust.com/modules.php?op=m...rder=0&thold=0

All that's important...

MarsDust: I loved The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. and Jack of All Trades! Do you have any word on those shows coming to DVD?
Bruce Campbell: "Good news! Brisco comes out from Warner Bros. Spring '06 - you heard it here first! Not sure about Jack, but I am lobbying."

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Looks like it's a sure thing now. And it's coming out fairly soon...
Hey, it was a sure thing when I posted the news 2 months ago ;)

It's not coming out in Spring (I have no idea why Bruce said that). They haven't even shot any bonus material yet.

Gord

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Bruce Campbell: Not sure about Jack, but I am lobbying."
I'm just as hyped for this one... any show that can have a peg-leg'ed tap dancer in the opening credits MUST be on DVD!

COME'ON BRUCE... COME'ON ANCHOR BAY/SHOUT FACTORY (since this one is owned by Studios USA this could go anywhere couldn't it?)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Rick, Universal owns the show; I had a meeting with them when I was in LA and I strongly urged them to release it this year since Brisco will be getting some buzz and Bruce can promote them both at the same time. Cross your fingers.

Gord

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Rick, Universal owns the show;
Heh... you outta update your database on the website.. that's where I got the Studios USA information :D

But oh smeg yes, both at the same time and people will be doubling up... they already did Cleopatra 2525 so this is way overdue

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
http://www.bruce-campbell.com/ :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Brisco To Go DVD!

Thanks to both fans of The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., the short-but-sweet, cancelled-and-lamented series starring Bruce as the titular hero will be released on DVD by Warner Bros. sometime in the vague future.

We don't know when it will happen; they just decided to do it. Don't ask us. We have a nasty habit of posting all the information we know.

"Cancelled Edition"
"26 Barely Seen Episodes"

:laugh:

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
It's been forever since I saw the show - did it only last for the one season? Is that the complete run?

Bah - regardless, who cares. I'm SO there on release day!

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Who knows, maybe the DVD release might lead to either new episodes (a la Family Guy ) or a feature film (Star Trek, Firefly). Anything to see Brisco, Comet, Lord Bowler, Socrates Poole, Dixie Cousins, and that damned orb!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Or, to make it even more clear, twenty-six one-hour episodes plus the two-hour pilot movie, for a total of twenty-eight hours (less commercials) of glorious Brisco County Junior action.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

Dixie: What do we do now?
Brisco: Well, I can swing out, get a good foothold and climb up to the top of the stage. And then if I'm real careful and God is on my side, I could leap onto the rear of the back horse and work my way out to the lead team, taking care not to fall under their thundering hoofs. Then reach out, grab the bridle of the lead horse and rein them in to a safe and steady stop.
Dixie: Oh, my!
Brisco: Or... we can jump!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That price has to be a typo. I can understand that it's eight discs so I expected the MSRP to be $60 or $70 (and sell for $40 or $50) but not $100 MSRP. If they sell ER and Adventures Of Superman for $40 MSRP, there's no way that they'll sell Brisco County for $100. That being said if that's the correct price, they're crazy and are cutting themselves off from thousands of sales.

I'm not one of those cry babies who whine about HBO prices but let's face it, The Adventures Of Brisco County, Jr. ain't Deadwood. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks