What's new

That 80's Show... (1 Viewer)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I didn't see the show but I saw the commercials for it.. wasn't the song they were listening to in the car a Devo song?

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Holy moldering crap, was this show awful. When will writers realize that just mentioning old dances and TV shows is NOT (in and of itself) funny?
I know it's only been one episode, but I've seen all I need to see. I'll stick with the likeable cast of That 70's Show over this collection of idiots.

MikeAW

Second Unit
I can't even stomach reruns of "That 70's Show", so I tune to Fx for M*A*S*H...just like the whole thing was a nightmare and never existed !

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Chyler Leigh (the punk chick) isn't bad looking...:
Link Removed
Link Removed
/Mike

MikeAW

Second Unit
It's the beginning of The Long Slide Into The Dumper...
"Last week, "'80s Show" pulled a 7.2/11 in households and a 6.2 rating among adults 18-49 -- this week the show managed a still-strong 4.9 rating in the demo."
Catch it while you can !
Here's the link...
Link Removed

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about the pictures, but since it says "Copyright 2002" on the top one, I guess it must be from the current issue.

About the show, I liked the second episode too. Knowing Fox though, they'll cancel it in 3 weeks if it doesn't shoot to the top of the charts.

/Mike

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
No, it's not the current issue. The issue on newsstands now has Leah Remini from King of Queens on the cover. The issue with the pictures posted (at least, the second one was definitely in there; the first doesn't look familiar, but it's been a while since I've given that issue a peek) presumably has a cover date of Jan. 2002 and has Chyler and Mia Kirshner on the cover.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
The second episode is an improvement over the first. More character development is occurring. The record store situation is starting to work, the sister's character is coming through. Cory's best friend and his ex-girlfriend need more development, their characters can't stay in this mode forever, they need to change otherwise they'll be losing interest.
I guess if the ratings really went downhill, they could go for broke and actually have Cory's sister give in to his ex-girlfriend (maybe during sweeps week).:)

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
This show made me think what brains are at work at Fox. I didn't find this show even mildly funny. If anyone remembers the 80's...as in teenager 80's, they either have to do a Degrassi High show or a cocain trip out show.

The 80's were a screwed up decade. The only thing really good to base the 80's show on is the music.

But I guaruntee this show stays. Family Guy gets cancelled and this unoriginal bland show will stay. That's all I have to say.

MikeAW

Second Unit
Adam, saw Leah Remini on one of the "Later" type shows a while ago...she is really crazy !

It's sad that such a rich personality is saddled like a horse, in that "Kings of Queens" format...she needs her own show, so she can really show her "stuff" !

As per my watching M*A*S*H, well, it's interesting that Fx ditched it and "Married With Children" for their new "Hip, Here, Now" format only to bring them back! Apparently, they have to start digging up some new Hipper shows...The People Just Don't Want Them !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks