What's new

Any The Fall Guy News? (1 Viewer)

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
It's great news that they are finally remastering Dallas for streaming and eventually for Blu-ray. Warner is finally looking back to an 80's show that has deserved restoration for the longest--(I thought the Time Life collection was going to be a remastered version).
But speaking of 80's shows-does any one know if there's any news of Disney remastering and releasing the remaining seasons of The Fall Guy to streaming or finally continuing it on DVD?

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
No answers or remarks about this series? I thought this site was a helpful place to get some inside info about such releases or at least opinions on them.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
No answers or remarks about this series? I thought this site was a helpful place to get some inside info about such releases or at least opinions on them.
I'm not aware of any recent Fall Guy news, though I'd certainly buy a complete set if it came out. Doesn't appear to be available in Germany either, where the show seems to have a strong following.

Maybe if the upcoming Six Million Dollar Man blu ray set sells like gangbusters The Fall Guy will be brought out of mothballs.

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
Yes I thought that at least in Germany or the UK where they released the second season they would have done so about the rest of the seasons--then the US would see that it is selling and make them available out here.
Also it would be nice if this series was on the list of the US shows that France has been putting out on DVD and Blu-ray.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
There might also be some music clearance issues precluding the release of further seasons of The Fall Guy. I remember reading that some songs/performances were edited out on both the U.K. and U.S. releases. Also, as this once belonged to Fox, and now Disney, I'd say the chances of seeing it complete on disc in any form are exceedingly low, unfortunately. Streaming in some form, possibly on Hulu, is likely the best bet now, though I'd guess something of a long shot.

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
I voted on Hulu's site for them to stream the Fall Guy along with their other 20th Century Fox shows but they keep not doing it. But I hope the episodes they show are remastered and not just bad prints.
I still don't understand why Disney had to go and buy out 20th Century Fox's whole library only not to distribute anything they made.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
There might also be some music clearance issues precluding the release of further seasons of The Fall Guy. I remember reading that some songs/performances were edited out on both the U.K. and U.S. releases. Also, as this once belonged to Fox, and now Disney, I'd say the chances of seeing it complete on disc in any form are exceedingly low, unfortunately. Streaming in some form, possibly on Hulu, is likely the best bet now, though I'd guess something of a long shot.
I don't recall there being a lot of songs on the Fall Guy, but I could be wrong.

The series was streaming on Hulu around 10 years ago, but I don't remember if they had all 5 seasons or just the first 2.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Anything Fox is off my list of hopefuls. Disney has ZERO interest in their TV back catalog. Which is crushing as I hoped many Fox flipper discs would be either repressed or upgraded to Blu. Alas.

I'd snatch up a Fall Guy box set in a heartbeat.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Anything Fox is off my list of hopefuls. Disney has ZERO interest in their TV back catalog. Which is crushing as I hoped many Fox flipper discs would be either repressed or upgraded to Blu. Alas.

I'd snatch up a Fall Guy box set in a heartbeat.
No chance of Disney farming a title like this out to Shout or VEI?

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Disney hasn't 'farmed out' anything since the early days when they leant the rights to The Happiest Millionaire, The Black Hole, and The Watcher in the Woods to the now defunct Anchor Bay, which produced stellar DVD transfers of all 3.

Speaking of 80's TV we'd like to see in hi-def from the Mouse House - how about a St. Elsewhere and Mary Tyler Moore Blu-ray set? Ally McBeal? Picket Fences? Anyone?

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Disney hasn't 'farmed out' anything since the early days when they leant the rights to The Happiest Millionaire, The Black Hole, and The Watcher in the Woods to the now defunct Anchor Bay, which produced stellar DVD transfers of all 3.

Speaking of 80's TV we'd like to see in hi-def from the Mouse House - how about a St. Elsewhere and Mary Tyler Moore Blu-ray set? Ally McBeal? Picket Fences? Anyone?
Bummer. Well, maybe one day a kind Disney employee will leak the streaming files to the outside world, as sometimes happens with movie screeners.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

Def St. Elsewhere and MTM for me.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I don't know which 80s live action shows are under Disney ownership now (is there a list somewhere?), so I'll just add Droids and Duck Tales for now.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Def St. Elsewhere and MTM for me.
St. Elsewhere, for dang certain! That 1982-88 NBC medical series/primetime serial has been something I've been wanting to see more of since that abortive release of the first go (1982-83).

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
1653554645526.png

1653554685914.png

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Colt Seaver: The Intimate Therapist? That would have been a bold direction for the early 80s.

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
They reported that Ryan Gosling is filming a movie based on "The Fall Guy"---I wonder if that would prompt Disney to release the further seasons on streaming or DVD soon.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
They reported that Ryan Gosling is filming a movie based on "The Fall Guy"---I wonder if that would prompt Disney to release the further seasons on streaming or DVD soon.
Don't bet on it. Disney once had a major attraction at their theme park - Splash Mountain. For a studio that's all about 'tie ins' it didn't prompt them to release Song of the South on Blu-ray. Just saying.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Don't bet on it. Disney once had a major attraction at their theme park - Splash Mountain. For a studio that's all about 'tie ins' it didn't prompt them to release Song of the South on Blu-ray. Just saying.
Pirates aside, I don't think Disney's theme park attractions usually dictate their media decisions. If they did, then Mad Tea Party (tea cup ride) the Movie would be way overdue.

Anyway, the Splash Mountain attractions opened in the late 80s/early 90s, so the only home media tie-in there could have been at launch would have been VHS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks