What's new

Any The Fall Guy News? (1 Viewer)

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
i'm hoping for shout factory to release the fall guy seasons 2-5 on tsod,it will be great,and maybe fox might rerelease season one with all the original music included includes the theme song uncut.

Last edited:

VahanIsBack

Auditioning
Real Name
Vahan
The Pilot episode was badly molested. And Fox didn't even let consumers know that music had been changed. Instead, someone had to dig up information on that from an outside source. A company called NOMA Music.

Last edited:

VahanIsBack

Auditioning
Real Name
Vahan
In the Pilot, Paul Williams, whose scenes were deleted, performed Patsy Cline's Crazy. Has that song ever been cleared on any classic TV-on-DVD release? If so, I don't buy that Fox tried to clear it, but couldn't.

LCD22

Screenwriter
The Pilot episode was badly molested. And Fox didn't even let consumers know that music had been changed. Instead, someone had to dig up information on that from an outside source. A company called NOMA Music.
Vahan, that would me. Since this show was bounced around in syndication I never saw the entire run. If the music was cleared for at least one of the seasons with Markie Post (and as long it is not in a complete series set), I'd be content.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
1658388832805.png

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
The Fall Guy movie with Ryan Gosling and a cameo by Lee Majors is about to be released soon. If this movie is a success do you think it will get Disney/20th Century to finally release the remaining seasons of the Fall Guy series to DVD or at least streaming ?
I wonder if they've been remastering the remaining episodes in preparation of releasing the remainder of them. They've been driving the fans crazy for a few years now ignoring the release of the rest of the show. I hope this movie (even though it is being done by Universal instead of 20th Century) gives them the push to finally do it.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I know questions like this come up whenever a movie is made from an old TV property, but the days of that reliably leading to a release of the original is long gone.

Disney doesn't care about the Fox back catalogue (they barely care about their own). They did agree to allow Mill Creek to re-release Fox shows, but not anything that hasn't already been released. Also, no upgrades or completion of partial releases were mentioned as part of the deal. Just what has already been put out.

But we haven't seen any movement anyway.

It's a strange world and anything is possible, but I doubt it. However, yeah, MAYBE a release on their own platform. Maybe. But the series didn't sell well enough for Fox to continue and if there are music clearances, then that'll almost certainly put it in the "no" category.

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
Through recent articles I just became aware that Disney is remastering Moonlighting for streaming on Hulu and has already remastered (although in 16:9) L.A. Law also for streaming on Hulu. These are both 80's shows and L.A. Law (like The Fall Guy) is a 20th Century Fox production.

I hope this means that there is a possible chance that they will remaster and stream The Fall Guy at some time. They're showing interest in distributing vintage shows from their non- Disney library in some form.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Through recent articles I just became aware that Disney is remastering Moonlighting for streaming on Hulu and has already remastered (although in 16:9) L.A. Law also for streaming on Hulu. These are both 80's shows and L.A. Law (like The Fall Guy) is a 20th Century Fox production.

I hope this means that there is a possible chance that they will remaster and stream The Fall Guy at some time. They're showing interest in distributing vintage shows from their non- Disney library in some form.
Moonlighting was a surprise when it was announced, but it is a Disney property (thanks to being an ABC Circle Films production). So much time and money is going into it. But the show's is a cult favorite and the fan response has always been vocal.

L.A. Law... good news there. I don't know how heavily music figured into the show, but I'm glad to see a Fox show getting some freedom. Maybe there is hope, but those pesky song clearances need to be addressed.

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger
If it was going to be released it would be better marketing as a cross promotion tie in into the movie so it looks unlikely as with the original Munsters not being released in HD on Blu-ray when the recent Munsters movie by Rob Zombie was released.

If not when a movie with press and promotion is released then when!

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
If only they would at least add the final three seasons to the Amazon Prime streaming of the first two , that would satisfy me enough. But I don't know if they would have to remaster the episodes first.
I hope they've been doing that behind the scenes in preparation.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
If the movie is a hit and they don't release the full series then I guess it is never going to be released. Do the right thing, Disney.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Yeah, I don't seem them turning over a new leaf. :laugh:

But who knows, maybe the the distribution deal they singed with Sony will help. So now that's Mill Creek and Sony contracted to release Disney and Fox titles. Let's see what develops.

Do you think then that we could possibly see Trapper John, M.D. in the future, based on this?

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Do you think then that we could possibly see Trapper John, M.D. in the future, based on this?
I would think there would have to be a compelling reason for them to pick the series. Some kind of interest or return on their investment. Streaming is always a possibility, but unlike Paramount, which would happily license out their lesser known shows to smaller labels for cheap release, Disney doesn't move their catalogue. Sony and Disney would have to see some kind of profit in it.

So I'm not saying it's impossible, but it seems unlikely. I would like nothing more than to see the Fox library released. But as I said, streaming would be more likely. I never would have thought 12 O'Clock High would show up on Prime but it did. It's gone now, but it'll probably be back at some point.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Yeah, I don't seem them turning over a new leaf. :laugh:

But who knows, maybe the the distribution deal they singed with Sony will help. So now that's Mill Creek and Sony contracted to release Disney and Fox titles. Let's see what develops.
At least I would hope to see a release in Germany, where I understand The Fall Guy may have more enduring popularity than in the U.S. There's a great German TV commercial for Honda SUVs from the 2000s that features an older Colt Seaver (Lee) avoiding obvious stunt opportunities to drive safely:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks